PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars Home Game

Torstein
01-29-2011, 06:33 AM
I can not inport PokerStars home games

Example of a hand from the hand history file

PokerStars Home Game #56736205094: {OsloPoker} Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2011/01/29 1:04:16 CET [2011/01/28 19:04:16 ET]
Table 'Zavijava XVII' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: spursjensen ($126.95 in chips)
Seat 3: GerryS ($25 in chips)
Seat 4: TJPersen ($117.20 in chips)
Seat 7: Jalla Balla ($15.65 in chips)
Jalla Balla: posts small blind $0.25
spursjensen: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jalla Balla [Td As]
GerryS: raises $1 to $1.50
TJPersen: calls $1.50
Jalla Balla: calls $1.25
spursjensen: folds
*** FLOP *** [Qh Tc 3s]
Jalla Balla: checks
GerryS: checks
TJPersen: checks
*** TURN *** [Qh Tc 3s] [7h]
Jalla Balla: bets $2
GerryS: folds
TJPersen: calls $2
*** RIVER *** [Qh Tc 3s 7h] [3d]
Jalla Balla: bets $4
TJPersen: calls $4
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jalla Balla: shows [Td As] (two pair, Tens and Threes)
TJPersen: shows [Ts 6s] (two pair, Tens and Threes - lower kicker)
Jalla Balla collected $16.20 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $17 | Rake $0.80
Board [Qh Tc 3s 7h 3d]
Seat 1: spursjensen (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: GerryS folded on the Turn
Seat 4: TJPersen (button) showed [Ts 6s] and lost with two pair, Tens and Threes
Seat 7: Jalla Balla (small blind) showed [Td As] and won ($16.20) with two pair, Tens and Threes

netsrak
01-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Home games are not supported yet. We are already aware of this problem. I hope it will be fixed in the next releases.

Torstein
01-31-2011, 02:32 AM
thanks for the quick response

Torstein
01-31-2011, 02:33 AM
thanks for the quick response

stormcrow55
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Home games are not supported yet. We are already aware of this problem. I hope it will be fixed in the next releases.

Just upgraded to latest 1.11.06a and still not working. Is this a bigger problem than expected?

Patvs
02-12-2011, 04:15 AM
It should be fixed soon.
We decided to give CAP games on PokerStars (and Multi Entry on Full Tilt) higher priority. So Home Games is the FIRST now on the to-fix list...... along with DEEP on PokerStars.

Torstein
02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
When is soon?:D

Veteran68
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it's very simple to parse a Home Game HH header line. Just remove/ignore the word "Home" from between "PokerStars" and "Game #", and also "{club_name}". Then it looks exactly like a regular HH. Players, you can do this yourself to your own HHs using a search & replace in a text editor, or using sed, or whatever. Then HEM will actually import them, hand converters will work, etc. I have no idea why it's taking so long to fix this.

Not sure what kind of parsing logic HEM is using, but I've often thought -- given some of the extremely minor (including just whitespace) changes that have broken HH imports in the past -- that HEM must be using a crude, hardcoded, positional parser. If it were using something like regular expressions, which I've used to write my own HH parsing libraries, it's pretty trivial to write an expression that ignores whitespace, tolerates extra words sprinkled about, etc. as long as the essential structure of the data isn't changed. While you can't account for every possible change they could make, minor changes such as with these Home Game HHs are just too easy to tolerate if you're doing the parsing properly. Just as an example, a quick & dirty HH merging tool I wrote last year doesn't have a problem parsing Home Game HHs, while still extracting game information from the header line. I didn't have to change a single line of code.

Maybe you're using a full-blow tree-based parser, but even so it should be fairly trivial to ignore most of the noise in the text while you pick out what you're looking for.

Patvs
02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
The issue is, some HM users will want to have HOME GAMES hands completely separated (and categorized as a separate limit) since their friends "play crazy in home games".

So support for Home Games should still be included in the next update.

Veteran68
02-24-2011, 11:44 PM
The issue is, some HM users will want to have HOME GAMES hands completely separated (and categorized as a separate limit) since their friends "play crazy in home games".
Well, I guess I can see some wanting that, but I'm not sure of the value. At the very least we should have been able to import almost immediately considering the triviality of the change, with the separate classification coming later. It would have at least appeased those of us who are involved in a number of club games now, especially leagues and large forum clubs who have been running without tracking/HUDs.

When you say it's going to be categorized as a separate limit, do you mean as a separate game "type?" Because Home Games have their wide variety of limits too. It would seem to clutter up the limits categories & filters if you tagged them as additional "limits."

Veteran68
03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Bump? How long before this is fixed?

Or how about this question: I can easily mod my existing Home Game HHs with a shell script to make them import. If I do this, will I screw up the world if HEM finally supports them next week/month/year? I'm thinking almost certainly not, but I just hesitate to hack them for import if HEM is going to have official support any time soon.

In fact I was about to write my own HH monitor app that looks for Home Game HHs on the fly as they're written, mods them on the fly, and writes them back to the HH folder so HEM will automatically import them and thus the HUD would work too. But again, I don't want to spend a day or two writing this and then see a HEM update that takes care of it. Then again, if I had done it right away, I'd be enjoying a HUD in Home Games by now.

I still see this as a very simple change to HEM, not sure why it's taking so long, even if you're going to classify it differently. Or is this another case of the DB structure being so borked up as to make it near impossible to do?

Patvs
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
It's taking longer than expected, because there are a dozen other fixes HoldemManager needs to address.

Some are fixed in: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06b%20Internal-1.exe (released today)

We're sort of stalling every release, by naming them a, b, etc. since the FINAL release (1.11.07) will include all fixes, including Home Games.

I'd wait for the final update, otherwise there's a chance you'll need to delete (reimport) all the converted hands again.

Veteran68
03-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Alright, cool then. I'll hold off on importing them myself, hopefully you can get to it soon. Thanks for the update.

Veteran68
03-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Just wanted to follow-up to say that the latest 1.11.06b update has fixed the HH import and HUD for Home Game tournaments (haven't played a cash HG yet).

I also scrounged up all prior HG's from HEM's archive folder, copied them out to a temp folder, and re-imported them. That seemed to work fine too.

Thanks!