PDA

View Full Version : Slow Hands/second on new pc

dadab12
06-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Hello Guys, I just git a new pc today with
Haswell i5 4670 with 252gb Samsung 840 pro series.
postgres, hm2, and poker client are all installed on the ssd, when creating notes the hands/second is 50 at best...
what could be the reason? I switched computer for that reason only, Thank you.

HossendeHaai
06-28-2013, 02:15 AM
You could check if turbo hand grabber an the maximum # of threads is selected. For best PostgresQL setting look here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html.

Fifty hands p/s doesn't have to be to slow BTW, with many definitions it might be very quick even. I hope you didn't get yourself a ultrabook with ULV processor, because in that case the ULV might hurt your NoteCaddy performance.

dadab12
06-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks,
when I import hands on hand manager it's 640 hands/second.
when creating notes now, it's 65 with 200 definitions..
so you say that it's normal with an ssd and 16gb of ram? it's not a laptop btw it's a desktop

HossendeHaai
06-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Well I didn't say it's normal, but it doesn't have to be abnormal :) It depends on the type of hands, type of definitions and DB size.

Did you tweak the PostgresQL config file as suggested in the link above? Is windows also on the SSD? If not, then a part of the HM2 DB is also propably not.

dadab12
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Well I didn't say it's normal, but it doesn't have to be abnormal :) It depends on the type of hands, type of definitions and DB size.

Did you tweak the PostgresQL config file as suggested in the link above? Is windows also on the SSD? If not, then a part of the HM2 DB is also propably not.

well it's mainly plo hands, the database size us 1000mb
Yes, I did tweak the Postgesql config, windows is also in the ssd.
everything seems normal config wise.. what's your hands/sec on note creation?

HossendeHaai
06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Mine is 20 h/ps, but with 750 definitions and a 3kk hands DB. I guess PLO should take a little longer then NLHE. It's really hard to compare, because everyone plays different games with different definitions and DB size. I guess everything is fine with your setup...

dadab12
06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I have 2.8m hands at the moment.. also, my cpu usage is at 100% and I only have 4 threads? :o