PDA

View Full Version : Transfering from PT3

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I have 500,000 hands in PT3. What is the process of transferring them to this program? How long will it take? 99% are on stars, 1% Full tilt.

fabio
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
You need to export them and import into HEM. It depends on your computer how long it takes

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 10:30 AM
It is a pretty new computer. 3 meg ram, fast processor. Just wanted to know if this is an overnight thing or 20 minutes.

Al1
11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
It is a pretty new computer. 3 meg ram, fast processor. Just wanted to know if this is an overnight thing or 20 minutes.

Hi,

Look here:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=83

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Can you point me to the tutorial for doing this? I just downloaded and paid for the pro version. I assume there is a limit to the # of hands I can import before registering.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Another question I think I have PostgreSQL so do I need to reinstall it? Or will the program figure this all out. Also I don't see hmhud or dbcontrolpanel on my desktop.

Al1
11-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Can you point me to the tutorial for doing this? I just downloaded and paid for the pro version.

Different techniques to Export/Import:

1) If you have all your HHs, you can reimport those files

2) You can export every hands from your old BD and reimport in the new one:
http://208.109.95.123/forum/showpost.php?p=7254&postcount=2

3) Or you can also do the same thing than 2) directly from postgreSQL (here the FAQ):
http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=12

I assume there is a limit to the # of hands I can import before registering.

No, with HM you can import as many hands as you want, you have 15 days with an HM entirely operational.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 11:58 AM

This one is a dead link.

I have a window open that says database control panel at the top.

Under databases it only has my PT3 DB (unknown). Then two buttons to the right "Make default" and "Export hands" I assume I want to Export hands.

There is also a tab at the bottom that says "Create new database"

Al1
11-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Another question I think I have PostgreSQL so do I need to reinstall it? Or will the program figure this all out. Also I don't see hmhud or dbcontrolpanel on my desktop.

If a 8.2 or 8.3 postgres is installed, you don't need to reinstall it.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Our posts crossed so you probably didn't see the above one. Thanks for the help, I can't tell you how sick I am of PT3.

Al1
11-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Our posts crossed so you probably didn't see the above one. Thanks for the help, I can't tell you how sick I am of PT3.

Edited.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Perhaps I am missing something, I don't see what was edited. I was referring to this exchange and the link that you posted that didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1 View Post

http://208.109.95.123/forum/showpost...54&postcount=2
This one is a dead link.

I have a window open that says database control panel at the top.

Under databases it only has my PT3 DB (unknown). Then two buttons to the right "Make default" and "Export hands" I assume I want to Export hands.

There is also a tab at the bottom that says "Create new database"

Al1
11-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Perhaps I am missing something, I don't see what was edited. I was referring to this exchange and the link that you posted that didn't work.

It look like the same but it's edited.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I backed up the PT3 database, not sure why or where exactly the back up is. I am still not clear on how I am importing/converting it to HEM DB.

I just found the file where pokertracker was moving all my processed HH files. Can I just import those? Is that easier?

Al1
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
I just found the file where pokertracker was moving all my processed HH files. Can I just import those? Is that easier?

Yes, that's the easiest way. Don't forget it can take a lot of time if your DB is very big:

around 250'000 hands/hr

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Okay, I did it. Only 500,000 hands so I guess I will have new questions after I pick my daughter up from school in a few hours.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 06:49 PM
It seems to have ground to a slow crawl, it has done 1/3 of the files and now says 6 hours to finish and that number is climbing. Is there something I can do to speed this up? The time keeps rising.

Al1
11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
It seems to have ground to a slow crawl, it has done 1/3 of the files and now says 6 hours to finish and that number is climbing. Is there something I can do to speed this up? The time keeps rising.

The speed depends a lot of your computer's performance too. It depends also on the type of poker you play.

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I have 2.2 ghz with 3 meg of ram and some sort of turbo ram.

I play 18 player sngs exclusively. I think I have 14k games with 500k hands. I am at the top of the sharkscope leaderboards for them with 31k in profit on the $16 ones.

Only 200k hands left to go. Says now 3:51. I will leave it on overnight.

Should I vacuum the database or anything when I am done?

I am making the switch from PT3 to HEM because they were crashing while loading every set I played and in the middle of sets. My processor was getting so hot it was putting my computer to sleep in the middle of hands as the tables got down to 6 players if I had a lot up. I have heard your program is more efficient.

Al1
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
I have 2.2 ghz with 3 meg of ram and some sort of turbo ram.

I play 18 player sngs exclusively. I think I have 14k games with 500k hands. I am at the top of the sharkscope leaderboards for them with 31k in profit on the $16 ones.

Only 200k hands left to go. Says now 3:51. I will leave it on overnight.

Should I vacuum the database or anything when I am done?

I am making the switch from PT3 to HEM because they were crashing while loading every set I played and in the middle of sets. My processor was getting so hot it was putting my computer to sleep in the middle of hands as the tables got down to 6 players if I had a lot up. I have heard your program is more efficient.

Try to play without vacuum after all is imported. If all is ok, don't vacuum. In the futur, if it seems that your HM goes slowly, then vacuum. But generally, if all is speedy, you don't really need to vaccum.

HM almost never crash when you play. It has a strong reputation about that.

If you experience some troubles later. Don't hesitate to ask question here.
In extreme case, developpers of HM himself can directly act in your computer to find an issue and fix it, via a teamviewer session :)

Manhat10ite
11-14-2008, 11:59 PM
It has completely stalled now for the last hour or more. What should I do?

Al1
11-15-2008, 12:13 AM
It has completely stalled now for the last hour or more. What should I do?

Escalated to Morny, he will answere here shortly.

Manhat10ite
11-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I went back into the HH file and am manually importing the files about where I think it stopped. If I miss a few hands it won't be the end of the world.

Al1
11-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I went back into the HH file and am manually importing the files about where I think it stopped. If I miss a few hands it won't be the end of the world.

But, is the process of importation correctly finished?

Manhat10ite
11-15-2008, 08:53 AM
How can I figure that out?

morny
11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Hi can you do a defrag

Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
Windows Vista http://www.kongtechnology.com/2008/04/26/how-to-defrag-windows-vista/

And then redo the import, shouldnt lag like that doing 500k hands as its well able to import several million. It should run faster this time as it wont attempt to reimport the ones it already imported and youll see lots of duplicates and this is normal.

If this problem continues it might be a problem with an antivirus trying to scan the files at the same time so disable/uninstall your antivirus to verify.

Also you said it came to a halt the last time? Did you force it to stop, i know you might not have had any other choice but this can sometimes damage the database.

Id really recommend starting a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146, then completely uninstalling your antivrus (you can reinstall afterwards) then reimport all the hands from scratch.

If its slow again please take note of the hands per seconds (h/s) and email me morny@holdemmanager.net

Manhat10ite
11-15-2008, 06:25 PM
The computer is defragged almost every night. I seem to have all the hands and have it importing fine now. However, hud is not showing up on the tables.

When I start importing I am getting this.

Auto update did not find any new files...
trying again in 5 seconds.

Then a window showing

Files imported 1
Hands imported 1
etc...

Then back to the first one

trying again in 5 seconds...

This is happening throughout the entire sng with no stats displayed which is my only use for the program.

Al1
11-15-2008, 11:56 PM
The computer is defragged almost every night. I seem to have all the hands and have it importing fine now. However, hud is not showing up on the tables.

When I start importing I am getting this.

trying again in 5 seconds.

Then a window showing

Files imported 1
Hands imported 1
etc...

Then back to the first one

trying again in 5 seconds...

This is happening throughout the entire sng with no stats displayed which is my only use for the program.

Where do you play?
Is your auto-import config directory correctly configured?