PDA

View Full Version : Lagging HEM

Gary_Neville
01-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Hi guys,

Basically everytime I turn on HEM, it would be constantly importing something and "processing large files" even though I am not playing (therefore no new hand histories). This problem persists when I am in the middle of the session and it would really affect the performance of my PC. I never used to have this problem. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

http://gyazo.com/9f2393a721be9ef5a7e667b8d9e44e3c.png

http://gyazo.com/ec7501ae411e3d358f08ab38208e8fd3.png

Gary_Neville

netsrak
01-28-2011, 08:37 AM
This is because there are large files in one of your auto-import folders.
Please move them to a different folder or delete them (if you no longer need them).
The auto-import should only read the handhistory folders of the pokerclients and this folders should only contain latest hands. The archive folder for the auto-import must be in a different folder structure (default c:\hmarchive).

Gary_Neville
01-28-2011, 09:03 AM
What do you mean "large files"? All the files I have in my autoimport is the Hand History file for Full Tilt Poker, although one thing I noticed is that my Rush Poker hands are not being archived. Perhaps that is the problem?

http://gyazo.com/9108fa943c0036d01402cffc9c53161b.png

netsrak
01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Yep, they are way to large for the auto-import. Move them manually to the archive folder, check the archive folder in the auto-import settings.

Try again and watch the handhistory folder for some days, the files should not become that large again.

Gary_Neville
01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by "check the archive folder in the auto-import settings."

Also, why is this only a problem now and not before?

Thanks!

Patvs
01-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Normally the hands are moved to the archive folder after 30 minutes (from Full Tilt/Handhistory to---> C:/HMArchive).

That means once your session is finished, you need to leave the import running for 30 minutes..... or when you play another session, the following day, they will get moved when you play other tables.

I think since you mainly play NL200 RUSH and NL400 RUSH now.. on the SAME tables (Hermes and Electro).... and you don't leave the auto import running for 30 minutes AFTER your session..... when you play again, the following day, HoldemManager will continue to write the new handhistories to the existing file of the previous day (since the table name is the same)

This way,
-they'll never get moved to the archive folder
-they'll get very very large
-every time you start the auto import, it causes a huge delay, since it attempts to reimport thousands of duplicate hands.

Solution:
-Either manually move them
-Don't close HoldemManager / don't stop auto import after your session, but leave it on, enabling HoldemManager to move them to the archive folder.
-

Gary_Neville
01-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the help.

One thing I'll like to add is that I've never Stopped auto import but the problem still persists..

netsrak
01-30-2011, 06:47 AM
The files are still not moved?

Please reconfigure the archive folder in your auto-import settings.
Please close HM and the FTP client.
Now start HM again and start the auto-import. Are the files moved?