PDA

View Full Version : Transfered my database to another drive and won't start

Biju
01-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Followed the faq on this FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition) and obviously cocked up somewhere but I can't see where. Been back through it several times and some of the last bit is a bit ambiguous on setting users for full control.

In services status section I see PostgreSQL is starting but doesn't give me an option to start or stop. It wont start manually or from HEM.

Patvs
01-27-2011, 09:29 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Biju
01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Tried all of that. This all came from changing things through your faq, not an update or firewall change. Before I tried this it worked fine, now it doesn't so it's most likely something I changed. I really need to reinstall PostreSQL?

Patvs
01-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Reinstalling SQL won't interfere with your database.

You moved the database folder to a new partition/drive.
Now reinstall SQL (using the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)) to that folder and it should detect the old database.

-Make sure you install the same version as SQL as before
-If the installer refuses to install at the new location (because it still detects the old location, either delete all the old SQL folders first, or delete references to the old folder in the system registry)

Biju
01-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Got it going. I'd cut and pasted the destination for the new data drive into the registry path and added an extra space which seemed to make a difference.