[x] Table in foreground

I've set shortcuts to
"Cycle to first in line"
"Cycle to next in line"
"Cycle to prev in line"
[x] Manually click a table + act, auto Cycles to First in Line
[x] Acting on Next IL/Prev IL auto Cycles to First in Line

But, what happens when SNG Sensei opens new table(s):
- PokerStars client steals the focus for a split second, to register new SNG(s)
- table that had action in foreground, disappears somewhere in stack
- when I press "Cycle to first on line" shortcut, nothing happens. Ever.
- when I press "Cycle to next in line", it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
- so I end up tapping all my cycling shortcuts, to get some table in foreground
- when I finally get some table that has action, in forground, the cycling starts working again

This all just MIGHT be related to number of tables causing delays:

The "Auto close finished tournaments after _ seconds" doesn't work,
I tried setting it to 0 seconds first and then to 2 seconds last night.
Practically none of the SNGs didn't close, but got stuck to the screen where it says
"Would you like to register for a new tournament or just close this one?" or something similar.

So I end up having 100+ ended SNGs sitting in sidebar pretty quick (I played Hypers).

And this? not only caused problems with Cycling shortcuts, but the auto cycling itself:
sometimes, when I had already pressed action shortcut, TN2 decided to throw another table
in front that got the action.. I ie. shoved 83o to UG open, 4bet-shoved J2 into 3-ways pot etc.:rolleyes:

As a sitenote:
Won't it be possible to get SNG Sensei to register SNGs -
without bringing PokerStars client in front, every time it registers new SNGs?
With one monitor, that's always a problem in one way or another.
I remember TN1 been capable of doing this at some point earlier, worked like a charm.

cocu25
06-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Wow, I came to the forum to search for a solution since I have the SAME problem that occured a couple of time. I even did the same as you when you say '' I end up tapping all my cycling shortcuts, to get some table in foreground''. I also play Hyper Turbo.

The only difference is I play with a Xbox Controller.

Please help us :)

EDIT : At least me all my tournament close correctly. Did you check that option in pokerstars ? Anyways I have sent you a pm.

caspisr
06-24-2013, 08:05 AM
happened to me 3, tired of chasing that table in action while all my tables sit out, this is so ridiculous, it seems like the hardest part in the session is TN :)

maybe we should start a group of damged sng HT players :) :)

Sarek
06-24-2013, 11:22 AM
1) Stars lobby should be in opened stage to let sensei doing registrations.
In TN1 it was the same, the same is a way to do as well: move Stars lobby AND filter almost away from monitor. It still be in "opened" stage but will not bother you.

2) I created a bug ticlet HM-7107 for this losing "first in line" - but please send logs + screen. Note in email with them this is for HM-7107

How to get logs:
Please reproduce issue, then go to TableNinja 2 > Setup and click the "Send logs to TableNinja" button.
Then send a copy of that ZIP file to support@tableninja.com to check it over for errors.
Also please send a screenshot of your desktop with a table and your HUD displayed.
See instructions How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm)
Please send the screenshot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

CyberSam
06-25-2013, 06:04 PM
OK, will do.

But you can already add this to the ticket:

The bug with table detection and shortcuts, is *not* caused by delays or too many tables.
For a test, I run only 12 tables last night with Sensei and it still does that what I told, constantly.
Registration of new SNGs takes focus away from tables and TN2 loses the "first in line" table
somewhere in stack - and the "first in line" shortcut has never, not even once, worked after that.
The "previous in line" shortcut usually works best in that situation, but not always.

And for the notes, the AutoClose feature in TN2 doesn't work at all. It's useless.
Simply, because the AutoClose doesn't work *at all* in TN2 (as I've described it earlier).
Fortunately, the auto-close included in PokerStars client, does. So I tick it ON/OFF,
depending if I play tournaments or SNGs (I don't want MTTs to close automatically, but only SNGs).

However.. it does work for PartyPoker - when I don't want to.
I have it ticked OFF, but TN2 always autocloses my MTTs when I exit.
I've described this in some other bug thread (can't remember which, I've written to so many).

(removed some frustrated whining from here)

Sarek
06-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Added your comment to 7107.

About Autoclose: it works for me on Stars. Always. Do you have Black lobby? Or it is modded?
Add, btw - if you set Aotuclose in client, you risk summary file will be not written -> HM do not counts that SNG correct.

CyberSam
06-26-2013, 06:37 PM
I use PokerTracker 4 that has no problems, whatsoever, with instant AutoCloses.
I've never missed a single SNG from results and they also match with numbers in Sensei.
So everything works just fine if I use AutoClose from PS client.

Anyhow, I'll give the AutoClose feature one more go with Black Lobby theme (I had Europa on EU client) and let you know.
I would be kinda wierd if it made any difference to anything though.

caspisr
06-29-2013, 10:06 AM
I solved some of the problems with setting up poker star hotkey for cycle to first in line, unlike TN hotkey it works! so now every time tn stops cycling for its reasons (to mess with our heads) I just click a button and at least avoid sitouts. nevertheless newly opened sng still cause problems sometimes, and I would just wish for a mode that would never stop cycle, cause anytime cycling stops I lose money...

Sarek
06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Newly SNG takes focus - is known problem and we have a ticket for this. Sent to developer.

CyberSam
06-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks, caspisr - I didn't know PS client has that for shortcuts; I go set it ASAP ;)

And for the notes:
I got the AutoClose to work in TN2 by raising the timer from 0 to 5.
It doesn't work when set to 0 (instant?), but 5 secs seems to be working;
I think I tried it with 2 seconds too, which didn't work either if I remember.
Anyhow, with 5 seconds delay I don't have to switch it on and off from PS client now, which is OK for now.

Sarek
06-30-2013, 03:15 PM
As per my experience with Stars tourneys, their client takes ~3 seconds to write summary, so 2 sec is not enough.
I know you use PT - but anyway considered to share this info with you :)

CyberSam
07-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Good to know I guess, thanks =)

Eventhough and as far as I know, autoclosing tables instantly shouldn't affect to how tracker(s)
are handling MTT/SNG summaries: you can close the tables instantly, as long as you keep client
open and tracker scanning at summary folder. For PT4 for example, if I have loads of MTTs running,
it can sometimes take up to a minute or so, before it handles and processes the tournament summary
from certain (closed) tournament - I've ofc closed the table long ago, but it doesn't affect to results in any way.

Sarek
07-01-2013, 02:22 PM
What I have seen on regular basis:
if I close Stars tourney table too early - no summary written. To be exact: not fully updated.
Same effect with Zoom tables, even worst: hands where I pressed Fast fold and then closed table also are not written in file.
I don't know is this a bug of Stars client or this is a feature, but things are as I said. So the only we can do - to take this in consideration.

CyberSam
07-02-2013, 08:13 AM
That's wierd, because for me it's how I said:
I've never missed a single MTT/SNG from PS results - and I've always autoclosed SNGs instantly,
either through PS client or 3rd party programs like TN. MTTs are bit different, they propably stay open
for that 3+ seconds usually, eventhough I'm closing them ASAP as well.

Sometimes it takes up to that 60 seconds or so, before summary file is read/recognized,
that can be caused by delays on either PS client writing the file, or PT4 scan cycle.
I don't know which, but it's not important, because the files are always written and read
in results, no matter when I've closed the tables.

Note: because of this issue here with TN2, I've even kept it in the eye more closely now,
but it's still the same - since this thread started, I've autoclosed 1000+ HyperTurbo SNGs
in past few sessions both through PS client and TN2 - and I haven't missed a single SNG
from results. Only difference I've noticed is the fact that the autoclose feature in TN2
doesn't work if it's set to 0-2 seconds (works instantly without problems through PS client).

Sarek
07-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Under internal build we are testing now I set 1 second for autoclosing SNG - works.

CyberSam
07-04-2013, 07:55 AM
By "internal build" you mean an upcoming (beta) release, right?
Good to know - I'll keep an eye on release notes on updates ;)

sideshow
07-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Hi,

Yes like all builds we release them in beta for a couple of days first to make sure nobody is having any Major issues then it is made public.