PDA

View Full Version : Helppppp

Hodge05
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
So I have Vista and am trying to get hold em manager to work on my computer. I am pretty positive I turned off UAC, yet it wont let me go past the service configuration. it says invalid username specified:logon failure: unknown username and password. I did everything the FAQ said. I changed the password to postgrespass, the user name to postgressuser. I kept the domain the same which for me is Hodge05 PC or something like that. UAC is disabled and I am the administrator(it is greyed out when I right click hold em manager.exe etc). What am I doing wrong??

morny
11-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Please uninstall PostgreSQL and delete the C:\PostgreSQL folder and reinstall but this time choose holdemmanager as user and any password you like

Hodge05
11-15-2008, 03:01 AM
I did that and now I get to the initialize database cluster screen. I put in a random password and use the username they gave me, and also tried with holdemmanager. It tells me that the specified data directoy is not empty. If you have existing database blah blah etc etc. so what now?? my encoding server is WIN1252 and my client is the same. is this wrong?? let me know.

morny
11-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Ok if you have a previous database then just untick initialise database cluster and finish the installation. If you dont care about previous databases uninstall postgreSQL again but this time delete the PostgreSQL folder and reinstall (this time use holdemmanager1 as the username for the 1st screen) and you wont get the error on that page the next time

Hodge05
11-17-2008, 06:34 PM
so it was working fine but now when I load it, it says :the following error occurred when trying to open the database. Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

??

Al1
11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
so it was working fine but now when I load it, it says :the following error occurred when trying to open the database. Unable to read data from the transport connection. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

??

Try that:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=171