PDA

View Full Version : postgres 8.4 vs. the vew version 9.0.2

rowhousepd
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I've been using postres 8.4 for a year, and I guess w/out too many problems, even if i don't always love it's speed. I just noticed that there's a new 9.0.2 version our. Is it definitely texted w/ HEM? Will there be any noticeable differences?

Fyi: I have Windows 7 (64-bit) machine, Quad Core processor 2.4 Ghz, 8GB memory. Is this new postgres version going to make a difference, or even hurt things? Thanks.

pjo336
01-24-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't think it'll be THAT much of a change, but more testing has been done in 8.4 than 9.0.

mrhobbeys
01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm using the newest version. I don't notice a huge change. It does seem to run a little smother for importing large numbers of hands as I re-imported my entire old DB. Also I am getting fewer errors but I cant be sure that is entirely due to use the new version.

ggrgc
01-25-2011, 02:09 PM
The only issue I'm having after converting to 9.0.2 is that the Holdem Manager built-in backup points to the 8.3 version of pg_dump.

I'm going to copy the v9 dump to the 8.3 directory and see how that works...

Another backup issue - Is there a way to PERMANENTLY change the default directory for backup? I store my backups in another folder which is automatically synced off-site. Currently I have to change the destination directory each time I back up.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Patvs
01-26-2011, 10:50 AM
No, this is not currently an available feature. (it didn't save your last folder)

You can suggest it, or vote for it, here - Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/)

Why don't you backup in pgadminIII. I think that does save the last folder.
And scripts exist that can automatically perform a backup daily/weekly in pgadminIII.