PDA

View Full Version : HEM no longer working

NightTrain87
01-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I've been running HEM for nearly a week now with no problems until yesterday. When i fired up my computer HEM would no longer work, i got an error saying "failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

I've looked through a few of the things you commonly suggest to fix these problems... when i go to stop server in the programs menu, the little black box that pops up tells me the server is not started. When i go to start server it tells me an error occured, and that the system path could not be recognized.

I havent done anything to change the location of any files since i installed them, so im not sure what is causing this.

Please let me know what i can do

pjo336
01-24-2011, 08:00 PM
First try reinstalling PostgreSQL and Holdem Manager. If that does not fix the issue, let us know.

NightTrain87
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
First try reinstalling PostgreSQL and Holdem Manager. If that does not fix the issue, let us know.

It fixes the issue when i reinstall it, but everytime i shutdown my computer and start it up again, i have the exact same problem.

Any ideas on what to do so i dont have to reinstall it every day?

netsrak
01-28-2011, 01:41 PM
are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? and if yes which ones?

NightTrain87
01-28-2011, 01:49 PM
are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? and if yes which ones?

I have AVG free version, and i do have a program called uniblue powersuite which has a registry cleaner. Other than that just the windows firewall.

Patvs
01-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to those files the windows firewall, even if it is off. Including for postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe (in the PostgreSQL/8.4/bin folder)

NightTrain87
01-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Unfortunately none of that seems to have fixed the problem. I still get an error saying i cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 and then get taken to the database control panel, and cannot open HEM.

UWjoe
01-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately none of that seems to have fixed the problem. I still get an error saying i cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 and then get taken to the database control panel, and cannot open HEM.

i have this happen periodically as well

heres my "super sophisticated fix" which interestingly has never failed........

1. if you get that message on starting hem, specify the database and try to connect again
2 if that doesn't work in a couple attempts restart your computer and try again

Roenepoen
01-29-2011, 05:43 AM
I keep getting the same issues. Even when i try the above sophiticated fix :) it still goes everytime to the DB control panel. If i press connect it asks if HEM wants to attemp to start the service. I click yes, and it says HEM was unable to start the service, when i click ok, it says ( very weird ), HEM has started! the service, please try again.

This occured all of a sudden. I made no changes in the program or what so ever.
I am also running the latest version.

Please help,

netsrak
01-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

NightTrain87
01-29-2011, 10:16 AM

Your most recent suggestions didnt help any, but fortunately i looked into this a little closer myself, and after resetting my registry to the way it was on a day HEM worked, HEM seems to be running for now.

Hopefully that continues when i restart my computer.

Cheers, Mick.