PDA

View Full Version : HUD hates me

The_Closer
01-24-2011, 02:25 AM
I have been getting an "incorrect parameter" error msg. Afterward, my hud stats will all freeze until I actually "end the process" with task mgr. :confused:

This also has caused my tables to freeze all week causing timeouts, and worse, usually when I have a premium and most of my chips in... I'll literally get sat out. :mad:

Reboot, and they will work for a while then do the same. :(:(:(

I am running version 1.11.05 Beta

Win Vista - Home premium 32bit / UAC is and has been turned off for ages.

I have completed almost all suggested steps in the forum, including:

Recently defragmented hard drive w/ "power defrag", database "housekeeping", cleaned pc w/ "crap cleaner"- removed unecessary programs, etc , fine tuned postreSQL db, allowed exceptions through firewall and defender as suggested....probably more.

Yet, when HM import is not running everything runs fast and smooth.

With it running, windows goes to hell. :confused:

Please help. I'm UBER-frustrated and am not even running a HUD right now.

P.S. I found one post on this topic, but it was locked and links from mod were no good

Patvs
01-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

Check if your Vista is updated to Service Pack 2, also run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

I'd also just create a NEW empty database, reimporting your old hands from your archive folder

The_Closer
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Updated to newest version, other things had already been done.

I created as new DB. After importing all of the hh, I attempted to optimize the DB and got this error:

[1/24/2011 7:03 AM] Starting optimization
[1/24/2011 7:03 AM] Optimizing NewDB...[1/24/2011 7:12 AM] error: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request[1/24/2011 7:12 AM] error: at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__a.MoveNext()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlState.IterateThroughAllResponses(IEnu merable`1 ienum)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseRegisteredListen()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.ReleaseResources()
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.UngetPooledConnector(Np gsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnectorI nternal(NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleasePooledConnector( NpgsqlConnection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectorPool.ReleaseConnector(Npgsql Connection Connection, NpgsqlConnector Connector)
at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection.Close()
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeDb(String db, Int32 type)
at HoldemManagerDatabaseMaintenance.MainScreen.optimi zeAsync()[1/24/2011 7:12 AM] Error...please contact support@holdemmanager.com

netsrak
01-24-2011, 01:32 PM
The builtin optimization doesn't work in some system configurations.

You can do a manual vacuum/full and reindex via pgadmin instead.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+)

The_Closer
01-25-2011, 03:23 AM
TY. The manual db housekeeping worked.

However, something is wrong with the new db I created. ??

I exported all my hands from the old db , then manually re-imported them into the new db and did housekeeping. All of my hh are not showing. I just went to the tourney results tab, and there aren't any of my biggest wins listed. ?? Obviously I do not have ANY filters on.

There are 325 tourneys listed as incomplete??
Why do so many tourneys NOT have the summary?

Confused:confused:

Also, even in my old db I have 115 tourneys showing as incomplete.(on one site)
Why is this? How do i fix it also, please?

*edit: I am now trying to import them from the archive folder, as you suggested. Instead of from the file I exported them to. Maybe that will help? Looking optimistic because it is importing thousands of files instead of hundreds. lol.

Can u plz answer my ?'s about the incomplete tourneys and missing summaries still?

Thanks

The Minder
01-25-2011, 03:52 AM
If the incomplete tournies were played on Pokerstars, you need to request the tourney summaries from Stars and import them. Check the FAQ or search on here... there are plenty of threads about it.

The_Closer
01-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Not PS. TY tho. They are FTP tourneys. ??

I understand how to import PS summaries. Still confused why the FTP ones aren't there?

thx

The_Closer
01-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Re-imported hh from the archive file w/ no success.

I show 2318 tourneys completed

328 incomplete hh w/ no summaries. ???

822 with an "unknown buy in"

The only way I actually knew there was a problem is just because NONE of my biggest wins are listed in the tourney results tab.

I went back to my old db and all of the data is accurate there. Except the 115 w/ no summary. ??

:confused:

Patvs
01-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

Reimport your archive folder.
If a SNG/MTT then shows up as unknown buyin, email us a handhistory + summary file

The_Closer
01-25-2011, 10:12 AM
I am re-importing from the archive folder now, almost done.

Most are duplicates, but it has imported some.
Approx. 1% of the hands were not duplicates.

ie. Hands imported: 1000
Duplicate hands: 100,000

I am seeing 10 import errors so far, and an equal amount of incomplete hands.

Is this something I need to fix or can I just disregard it?

Why were these (the thousands,not the 10) not imported the 1st two times?

Is this something I should be doing often as maintenance, (re-importing from archive) to avoid HM NOT importing all of my hands somehow?

Edit: Import finished with 31 import errors and 20 incomplete hands.

Thanks

The_Closer
01-25-2011, 10:51 AM
I am emailing one mtt hh and summary. Hopefully that helps with the problem.

Oddly, it just stops at a hand I wasn't knocked out in.
Actually, folded pre.:confused:

The_Closer
01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I sent those emails specifically for the unknown buy in and incomplete tourney problems that I have with BOTH db's. It's just worse with the new one.

I would still like my other questions answered here please. Email is too slow.

I still have not been able to create a new DB that actually contains all of my hh that were/are still in the old database.
Where do I go from here on solving this issue?

BTW, I updated to the newest version the 1st time it was suggested, TY.

The_Closer
01-26-2011, 04:37 AM
WOW. Seriously guys?

I am trying to be patient... but no replies since yesterday at 5:30am, when I got repeat information in the same thread from the same mod. NOT cool.

It's now 12:30am the following day.

No reply to my emails in 24 hrs either??

I am trolling through other posts in the forum and see the support has not responded there either. :confused:

It's pretty obvious I am not the only one frustrated, yet again, with the support. BTW...LOL @ "F* HEM, buy PT3!!!" thread. Approaching that point myself tbh.

There are a cpl features of HM I find to be superior to PT3...
That being said,I am being completely honest when I say,
I always got MUCH more prompt and thorough responses from PT3 support.
This is reaching the point of being completely unacceptable imho. :(

Can I "pretty please" get some support, before I go off the deep end like poker nuuts??

Patvs
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Create a new empty database.

The archive folder should also contain summary files for every SNG/MTT.

If you get duplicate hands/errors. You can disregard them. Or request ALL your hands from Full Tilt, and reimport those as well.

If you get unfinished SNG/MTT. Most likely the SNG/MTT window was closed before the final result was written to the summary file. You can only fix that by manually going over the SNG/MTTs and manually editing the results (finish position/winnings)

The_Closer
01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Create a new empty database.

As stated previously, I have already done this twice. Yet all of the hh are not showing in the results. ??

The archive folder should also contain summary files for every SNG/MTT.

If you get duplicate hands/errors. You can disregard them. Or request ALL your hands from Full Tilt, and reimport those as well.

If you get unfinished SNG/MTT. Most likely the SNG/MTT window was closed before the final result was written to the summary file. You can only fix that by manually going over the SNG/MTTs and manually editing the results (finish position/winnings)

I wouldn't mind manually entering a couple "data details"... but, hundreds or thousands??

You can see from the emails I sent that the summaries ARE complete.
The actual HH's are what "cuts out" before a finish.

There must be an easier solution than manually entering data for hundreds of tourneys. ??

Will FTP send me ALL my hh's to re-import them?

If so, what format do I request? ie. .html, or csv or ??

Thank you!

Patvs
01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
You can request every hand you've ever played from Full Tilt.
They'll sent you a link to a .zip file you can download that extracts to a .txt file.

If you played STTs. You don't have to worry about summary files, since HoldemManager is able to detect your winnings/finish position from the last hand you played in the STT.

The problem is if you mostly played MTTs. HoldemManager needs the original summary files. And currently Full Tilt will sent you a weird file HoldemManager at the moment can't import. (note: HoldemManager can import the PokerStars .html summary files)

The reason HM can't import the Full Tilt file is they fairly recently started with this spreadsheet type summary file and HM still has to add support for this file type.

Of course you can import the summary files you already have from your archive folder. If you have incomplete results, open a couple of those summary files to see if they state:
-that you finished in position X winning $y
-or that they state the tournament is still running

The_Closer
01-27-2011, 02:47 AM
Excellent reply. Very thorough.

TYVVM

The_Closer
01-27-2011, 03:52 AM
You can request every hand you've ever played from Full Tilt.
They'll sent you a link to a .zip file you can download that extracts to a .txt file.

If you played STTs. You don't have to worry about summary files, since HoldemManager is able to detect your winnings/finish position from the last hand you played in the STT.

The problem is if you mostly played MTTs. HoldemManager needs the original summary files. And currently Full Tilt will sent you a weird file HoldemManager at the moment can't import. (note: HoldemManager can import the PokerStars .html summary files)

The reason HM can't import the Full Tilt file is they fairly recently started with this spreadsheet type summary file and HM still has to add support for this file type.

Of course you can import the summary files you already have from your archive folder. If you have incomplete results, open a couple of those summary files to see if they state:
-that you finished in position X winning $y
-or that they state the tournament is still running

So it sounds like requesting ALL of my hh from FTP, then just waiting for u guys to add support for w/e their weirdo file type is would probably be the best solution. Agreed?

Patvs
01-27-2011, 05:10 AM
Yes.

Or just reimport your own summaries.
Initially you didn't have problems with incomplete results right?
But just missing hands / hands "cuts out".

So your own summaries should also be able give HoldemManager all the info: finish position, winnings, etc.

The_Closer
01-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Ahhh. Sorry for the confusion.

I actually had 115 incomplete tourneys listed in in my orig db.

But, I ended up w/ 328 incomplete and +800 w/ unknown buy in when i tried to create the new db.

I can wait. No worries.

Thanks again

P.S.
My guess is; This was caused because my PC spazzed out and completely froze while playing. Many, many times sadly. Often requiring shutdown and re-boot of the site(s) completely

The_Closer
02-03-2011, 06:45 AM
I forgot to ask... Can I please be notified somehow when u guys have updated HM to recognize the new summary files from FTP?

Either by email, or here if I'll get an email showing there was a reply.

TY