PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: just started having postgres problems

QuattroFour4
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
HEM has been working fine for quit some time, but when I tried to open it this morning the db control panel opened and i clicked to connect and it gave me a message that said, "A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start this service?". I click yes and it says, "Sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service" and then, "Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again." No matter what I do it doesn't seem to stop giving me this series of messages. What should I do?

Patvs
01-24-2011, 02:54 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

QuattroFour4
01-24-2011, 04:04 AM
it would've been nice to get a reply before i reinstalled everything

in the future, if i've looked through the FAQs to try to solve a problem but i still can't, what is the quickest way to get help with hem? thanks

netsrak
01-24-2011, 05:32 AM
Posting in the forums or mailing support@holdemmanager.com should usually get a response within some hours but unfortunately the forum wasn't fully covered over the weekend so it took us a little bit longer to reply.