PDA

View Full Version : 2 computers - sync hand histories

smaguire
01-23-2011, 08:22 AM
I play on Full Tilt and use Holdem Manager on two computers (located at different premises). I would like the HUD display to reflect the hands that I have played across both computers. Is there a way to achieve this?

I had this idea of using an external hard drive but I'm not sure if it would work, or if there is a better way:

1. Configure the Full Tilt client on both computers to save the hand histories to a folder on the external hard drive.

2. Add this folder to the Auto Import section of Holdem Manager on both computers.

3. I would connect the hard drive to each computer every time I wanted to play.

netsrak
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
The easiest is to copy the handhistory files from one computer to the other and import them again via import file or import from folder. you should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

Another solution is to use the external HDD for the database but i personally don't like this as its not very stable if you don't follow the instructions for stopping/starting the service exactly.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How do I setup Holdem Manager to share one database between two computers? (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/336/How+do+I+setup+Holdem+Manager+to+share+one+databas e+between+two+computers%3F)

The 3rd solution is a network database.
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Run PostgreSQL Over a Network (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/90/Run+PostgreSQL+Over+a+Network+)

smaguire
01-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll copy the histories across and then import them.

Will it be an issue if both hand histories have the same file name? For example, I played Rush on both computers today and each has a file in C:\HMArchive named: "FT20110122 Apollo - $0.10-$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - Entry 1"

My plan is to copy the hand histories to a folder on a USB and then point the Auto Import in HEM to the folder. I want to know how HEM will handle the histories given that it may share a name with a file already on the computer.

Lastly, what would be the best way to sync player notes between computers?

Patvs
01-24-2011, 03:03 AM
It will cause no problems if either the file name is the same.... or there are duplicate handhistories in the file.

Notes: I believe if you export notes... and import them on another computer they will automatically be merged. (so duplicate info will be ignored, non-duplicate info will be added to the original note).
But I'm not entirely sure if this feature works, so before you attempt it, do EXPORT your notes on both computers and backup those files.