PDA

View Full Version : Why is HEM saying some of my SNGs were "not finished"?

nomdeguerre
01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I've played a couple of hundred HU SNGs recently, and HEM is saying that 4 of them were not finished. This isn't true, I finished all of them (and 3 of the 4 I won, so annoyingly these are not included in my ROI% currently).

I've tried pointing the importer to my HMArchive folder but this doesn't help. Has anyone else reported this happening? FWIW I think all 4 of these games were $11 + $.50 turbo SNG on Stars.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with HEM, or a problem with Stars HH not being recorded. These games often end rather quickly with an all-in confrontation, and I'm wondering if closing the window too quickly may be causing it?

Thanks

Patvs
01-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Yes... closing the window too early can cause this.
So the final result (your finish position/winnings) isn't written to the summary file.

Read the updated section on tournament summaries: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Poker Stars Setup (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/Poker+Stars+Setup)
and make sure Stars saves them and that folder is added as an auto import folder.

To retrieve your missing/incomplete summaries, email PokerStars and request the summaries (so NOT the handhistories but the summaries) for every SNG/MTT you've ever played. And you can import the file they'll email you into HoldemManager.

nomdeguerre
01-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks Pat, I didn't have "save my tournament summaries" checked in Stars. I'll email them for the summaries and see if that fixes it.

Cheers

nomdeguerre
01-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Do I need to request that they send it in .html format? I've just noticed it mentions this in the link you showed me.

netsrak
01-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Best would be text files

nomdeguerre
01-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Problem:

"Thank you for contacting PokerStars.
>
> Unfortunately, we do not have the tool to generate the report that you are
> requesting. Tournament Summaries will be included in the automated
> congratulatory email as soon as you finish the event, but they cannot be
> duplicated on our end.
>
> All player accounts have the option to automatically receive their
> Tournament Summaries if they have activated the option to receive
> congratulatory emails. These reports can be turned on or off by going to
> the
> 'Options' drop-down menu and tick/untick on 'Receive Congratulatory
> Emails'.
>
> Once again we apologize for not being able to accommodate your request and
> for any inconvenience this may cause.
>
> It is possible to request your tournament history for last 200 or less
> tournaments only, by going to the main lobby and following these steps:
>
> 1. Click on the "Requests" drop-down menu and select "Tournament History".
>
> 2. A pop up box will be displayed where you can choose the number of
> tournament histories or pick the one you want by Tournament ID.
>
> 3. If you would like to include your Personal Playing Statistics, please
> check the relevant box.
>
> 4. Select OK and your tournament history will be emailed to you.
>
> If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to contact
> us back. Best of luck at the tables!
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Justyna S
> PokerStars Support Team"

Any way around this? I have the congratulatory emails that are automatically sent at the end of every SNG I've played recently, can they be used as tournament summaries?

netsrak
01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
As its only 4 tourneys you are talking about i suggest you edit them manually in the dataview.

nomdeguerre
01-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Hi Netsrak,

I'm happy to do this but would you mind providing me with a bit more information please.

What is "dataview", what information do I need to copy from the congratulatory emails that is currently missing, and where do I copy it to?

Thanks

nomdeguerre
01-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi again,

I found dataview and edited the incomplete SNGs by adding where I finished in them and clicking "Save". This appears to be the only information missing.

However, even when I refresh the tab, it still tells me that there are only 193 tournies completed, even though I've played 198. It doesn't seem to be realising that the 5 SNGs I edited are now complete, and my stats on the bottom left are still showing 5 are incomplete and the ROI stated still doesn't include the results of these.

Help! :)

nomdeguerre
01-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Never mind, I sussed it out. There's a tiny checkbox which says "Is player finished" which I hadn't checked. That sorted it.

Thanks for your help