PDA

View Full Version : Bodog and Idleminer

johnboy7541
01-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Bodog just updated their client. Now Idleminer no longer imports hands there. Is anyone else having this problem?

PocketsK
01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Yes. Have sent idleminer email informing them of update. Hopefully wont be as long as last time.

I thought HEM was moving away from needing the Bodog handgrabber??

rollrisk
01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Not working how long was the wait last time?

daedalus 9
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
HEM guys, need a fix here.

matelionis
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Still not working. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

PocketsK
01-20-2011, 11:02 PM
It took about a week for Idleminer to update their handgrabber

theorize
01-21-2011, 01:56 AM
+1, appreciate a fix on this guys

netsrak
01-21-2011, 04:37 AM
This has to be fixed by Idleminer.

The development of our native Bodog support was stopped some weeks ago.

Self Made
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
IdleMiner doesn't expect to support their products much longer. They're running down the company since selling the domain to PTR.

pj94z
01-21-2011, 04:05 PM
This has to be fixed by Idleminer.

The development of our native Bodog support was stopped some weeks ago.

Is there any way for HEM to get back to supporting bodog?

As paid members of HEM, we'd like to see bodog fully supported.

theorize
01-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes, please offer native Bodog Support so we don't need to rely on 3rd party software

drewlo
01-21-2011, 05:25 PM

+1 bump

Any chance PTR bought up Idleminer so they don't have to update the handgrabber and they think we will buy HH from them instead or a subscription?

Veteran68
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM

HEM announced the reasons for dropping native Bodog support weeks ago. Bodog requested it, as they don't want people using grabbers. Since HEM has to abide by site demands or risk being blacklisted as prohibited software, they comply. I'm sure Bodog's update intentionally broke Idleminer for the same reasons.

So you can't really expect HEM to do anything about this. HEM enjoys an amicable relationship with most sites, even Cake, and I personally wouldn't want to see them run afoul of the major sites.

daedalus 9
01-21-2011, 08:29 PM
- PTR buys up Idleminer
- Bodog update kills individual Idleminer users handgrabbing
- PTR is still grabbing the data and using in their site reports/tools.
- hmmmmm

Sounds to me like Idleminer has a fix for the new upgrade and had it pretty quick since PTR never stopped getting the data. Somebody needs to 'splain this one.

daedalus 9
01-21-2011, 09:04 PM
HEM Team, PT3 has committed to fix this to grab hands for the new upgrade. Recommend reconsidering adding this or you will lose market share.

Veteran68
01-22-2011, 01:38 AM
HEM Team, PT3 has committed to fix this to grab hands for the new upgrade. Recommend reconsidering adding this or you will lose market share.

I don't think you understand: if HEM defies Bodog's direct demand to ditch the hand grabber, then HEM gets prohibited/blacklisted and loses far more market share. I'd like to see a Bodog grabber as much as anyone, but you need to look at the big picture.

The Minder
01-22-2011, 02:53 AM
Easiest option is for all HM Bodog users to email Bodog and telling them that until they change their policy they will go elsewhere... and then go elsewhere. Nothing gets a company's attention like diminishing revue streams.

Patvs
01-22-2011, 04:59 AM
More on HM vs Bodog, read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/198487-post4.html

nemeelucas
01-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Is there any chance that hud can at least display the hand histories we do have while we play on bodog?

For example, can we buy hand histories from ptr and have HEM huds display them?

Self Made
01-22-2011, 01:52 PM
- PTR buys up Idleminer

They didn't buy IdleMiner, they bought the domain. Contact IdleMiner if you want to know if/when they're going to update their product.

I don't think you understand: if HEM defies Bodog's direct demand to ditch the hand grabber, then HEM gets prohibited/blacklisted and loses far more market share.

HEM wouldn't get prohibited. Neither grabbers nor HUDs violate Bodog's T&C. Bodog could easily change their T&C if they wanted, but they haven't. We've read in this thread that PT3 is going to update their grabber, which I don't doubt.

Easiest option is for all HM Bodog users to email Bodog and telling them that until they change their policy they will go elsewhere... and then go elsewhere. Nothing gets a company's attention like diminishing revue streams.

That's nonsense. Bodog has been very public in their preference for recreational players over serious players for a long time, and isn't going to argue with you if you want to go elsewhere.

cocu25
01-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Is there any chance that hud can at least display the hand histories we do have while we play on bodog?

+1

Patvs
01-22-2011, 08:06 PM

That's not possible, since we don't support prefetch for Bodog.

parky53051
01-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Good news is that on 2 + 2 forum someone there said that idleminer is working on an update for Bodog, they received an email from them. NO timetable was given but I think last year it took almost a week for it to get done. Let 's hope it will happen, and that Bodog will get all the bugs out of their new software soon, alot people unhappy with it. I personally don't like the new software front page hard to get on waitinglist or see who is on table. I don't think the fix is going to be that tough as my old holdem indicator still works on bodog they didn't need to update.

daedalus 9
01-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Good news is that on 2 + 2 forum someone there said that idleminer is working on an update for Bodog, they received an email from them. NO timetable was given but I think last year it took almost a week for it to get done. Let 's hope it will happen, and that Bodog will get all the bugs out of their new software soon, alot people unhappy with it. I personally don't like the new software front page hard to get on waitinglist or see who is on table. I don't think the fix is going to be that tough as my old holdem indicator still works on bodog they didn't need to update.

yeah, we should all email the contact email at the idleminer site to support him doing this or even offer some $$. Part of his rationale for stopping looked to be because HEM was doing their own handgrabber. Since that has changed maybe he'll reconsider and open up the store front for future purchases.