PDA

View Full Version : Networking grrrr

infurrrno
01-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Hi all,

I'm having some issues trying to connect my pc to db over my home network; when trying to connect I receive this error:

Connection Error: FATAL: 28000: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "192.168.1.4", user "postgres" database "postgres" SSL off

The laptop I am trying to connect has the ipv4 address 192.168.1.4, and I'm trying to connect to a desktop pc where the db is (192.168.1.1)

In the pb_hba.conf file I wrote a line saying the following:
(Under IPv4 Local Connections)
type/db/user/cidr-address/method
host/all/all/192.168.1.4/trust

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here? I can't seem to see it.

Cheers guys,

Infurrrno.

netsrak
01-20-2011, 10:39 AM
You need to stop the postgresql service on the server, open the pg_hba.conf file with a texteditor and add a line like the following to the ipv4 section:

host all all 192.168.1.4/24 trust

Save the file and restart the postgresql service.

infurrrno
01-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Ok so this is definitely a problem with my entry in the pg_hba.conf file, if I'm reading the error correctly.

Please note: have turned windows firewall off so it can't be that.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5144/hemconf.png

How does this look to you guys?

infurrrno
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Thought this might also be useful for anyone willing to help me with this:

My ipconfig for the desktop:

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5075/ipconfigdesktop.png

ipconfig for laptop:
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1209/ipconfiglaptop.png

Thanks again guys, anyone needing any further info to help with this don't hesitate to ask. I will do everything I can.

infurrrno
01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Also if I can't resolve this problem through this thread is there any kind of tech support where I can get someone to help me with this through teamviewer or logmein or some kind of remote access program so they can quickly go over my settings and make any changes?

netsrak
01-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Did you enter tabs between the columns or spaces? It should be tabs.

And please try with the number 32 instead of 24. I'm not sure whether it helps but its worth a try.

If you can't figure it out (there are lots of helpful sites around if you google for Postgresql network) please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.
But this network configuraton is not part of our basic support.

infurrrno
01-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the info I'll try those suggestions, If I cannot solve it I'd like to do the remote session.

By not covered in basic support I'm guessing theres a fee involved? Where can I discuss this further/view rates for this kind of support?

infurrrno
01-21-2011, 05:37 AM
Double checked the tab situation-

The lines that came with the installation are separated by spaces?

So I changed the lines so that they were separated by one tab each, and still same issue.

Should I be using more than one tab?

Changing to /32 as opposed to /24 seemed to do nothing at all as you suspected.

I'm still getting exactly the same error, and while I understand that there are many resources on the internet for PostgreSQL, Ive been working on this on and off for a month and really don't have the time/intelligence to figure it out for myself.

netsrak
01-21-2011, 10:30 AM
There are no fees for helping you with this. Its just beyond our standard support.
But please mail support to arrange something and we will see what we can do.

infurrrno
01-21-2011, 11:06 PM
thanks for the great support so far, email sent!

infurrrno
01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Just want to double check that the above email is right? Haven't had a reply as of yet.

Cheers!

netsrak
01-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Sorry your email was in the queue over the weekend. I just answered.

infurrrno
01-28-2011, 04:33 AM
thankyou for your support in this issue, I'm all sorted now with accessing my db over my home network.

One question though- say I am playing poker on my laptop, db is on desktop, how do I import my played hands on the laptop automatically?

Is there a better way to do this than to set my handhistory folder to shared and have autoimport source my hands using this mehtod?

netsrak
01-28-2011, 08:38 AM
If your laptop HM uses the desktop database the auto-import should automatically import the hands into the server database.