PDA

View Full Version : Notes do not save

yummybuffet
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
My notes won't save when I type them into the HUD note window.

I click the * in the upper left, type a note and click save. This worked last week, but this week, it saves it until the hands are imported, then the note disappears.

Patvs
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

yummybuffet
01-20-2011, 02:05 AM
I have win 7 with Avast firewall/AV. Also, it's weird but this only happens some of the time, i.e. some of the notes stay saved. Anyway, I'll try those suggestions - thanks.

Sarek
01-20-2011, 05:20 AM
this also can occur if you write notes not in English

yummybuffet
01-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I type them in English. It's still randomly not saving notes. I updated HM, and made sure files are run as administrator. I even formatted my HD, and reinstaled everything. I love using the notes in HM...is there any way to fix this?

netsrak
01-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Can you try with a new database for a test?

yummybuffet
01-21-2011, 09:15 PM
I tried a new database and still it's randomly deleting my new notes.

So you haven't heard of this type of problem before?

Billiard
01-22-2011, 04:50 AM
I have heard about it, but not supposing that the same problem persists with other database..

netsrak
01-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Is this reproducable so that you can show it to us in a remote session?
Or can you make a video of it?

yummybuffet
01-22-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll make a video.

It might be related to my computer running slow. It was plenty fast when I bought it new a year ago, but lately when I run my poker client and HM, it goes slow and freezes sometimes. It's still been slow even after I formatted my drive and reinstalled everything.

yummybuffet
01-24-2011, 04:27 AM
I made a video and emailed it to support. I noticed this only happens when I have HM and my poker client running, which seems to cause my computer to be overloaded (probably the CPU). The note saves only until HM imports the latest hands, then it dissappears.