PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - Optionally change timing of clicking time bank

darlingm
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Right now, it seems like TableNinjaFT clicks time bank right around the time the colored time left bar starts ticking down. I know the time it takes to tick down varies, but when facing a PFR, it ticks for about 15 seconds before timing someone out.

I have "darlingm requests time" show up in the chat window a lot, where I wind up acting before the bar has ticked down, so the time bank is never used.

Not sure how this affects villain's, but I'm sure it has some effect. At least, it just looks weird.

I'd love to see an optional delay before the time bank button is clicked, so the time bank would be used a higher percentage of the time when asked for than it is now.

At first, I thought there could be an optional delay in seconds. But, since the time it takes to tick down can vary, this doesn't seem like the optimal solution.

Then, I thought there could be an optional number of seconds before timeout to click the time bank. But, that might be tough to program, since the time it takes to tick down can vary, TNFT would have to know for each situation how much time was left.

Then, I realized it could be a percentage left on the bar.

I'm hoping something along these lines wouldn't be very tough to program.

A user would be able to set something they were comfortable with, and their internet connection could handle. I know waiting later, especially with a laggy internet connection, could cause timeout situations, but I'd love to be able to set it to click the button at like 30% left. I think my internet connection could handle that.

Fool
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to pass it on to the developers.