PDA

View Full Version : HEM and Bodog

Biju
01-17-2011, 12:41 PM
So I've been deleted a couple of times for bringing this up had a HEM employee PM me and invite me to discuss it and then not return my PM and I'm a bit upset about HEM and their stance on Bodog - manily because I'm in the dark. Feel free to delete me again but PM me why or I will continue and if needed take this to other Poker sites. I'm sick of being in the dark and seeing different views from employees and it seems this is swept under the carpet.

HEM officially came out and said they were incorporating a hand grabber. I usually only ever check these forums for the release notes to see if there is a new version and if there is, what's in that version. I would imagine a huge percentage of other users (ie customers) do the same. My point is the release section is many peoples only view on what HEM is doing. You don't send out updates, whats new, newsletters or anything else I'm aware of so this is the only way I see what's happening other than a monthly scan of the borads or if I need to find out how some stat works etc.

Your official release notes state:

"We don't have plans to support our internal hand grabber for Bodog moving forward. Bodog still works with a HUD and imports hands with Idleminer as it has in the past."

So you officially started the hand grabber and now it seems you have stopped with the implication is it's too difficult/not possible to do and gives you a headache with the client and the possible datamining issues contractually even legally. Bit late to decide this now isn't it? PT3 do it. PTR do it too, althhough that is out and out dataming for that pupose alone.

So please just get a big cheese to tell me what the hell is going on, as to me and so perhaps others, you are just looking a bit silly continually contradiciting each other on this subject. What is the stance on this if it is canned can you tell us why as your competition and others haven't.

While I prob look a real pain in the arse it is meant constructively as HEM is a great product and could be really really great, if you thought things through a bit better. Perhaps charge more for the s/ware (I can't think of much software thats this cheap and this comprehensive and in depth - for eg I paid US$50 for Idleminer Handgrabber and $80? for HEM, C'mon) Then spend more on the bugging, customer requests, getting answers and info out to your customers.

Patvs
01-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I already told you HoldemManager changed its mind, developing an internal handgrabber.

The official HoldemManager statement on Bodog is:

"We don't have plans to support our internal hand grabber for Bodog moving forward. Bodog still works with a HUD and imports hands with Idleminer as it has in the past."

Patvs
01-18-2011, 12:23 AM
By the way:
The PM you sent me was:

I'm aware Bodog are messing around with the h/h but for a Company like yours who I admire and offer a great product have now made yourselves look silly. You release the fact publicly that you are launching your own grabber and then just leave it dangling on the release notes saying waiting on parsing. You then say you have moral and potential contractual/legal issues with datamining. Come on.... You only just considered that? Shortsightedness bordering on blind if true. The reality is Bodog mess with the h/h to try and pt off HEM PT3 PTR etc. The others perservered and you haven't. It makes it look like you can't do it where others can. I'm not sure this is true but there's more to it than meets the eye your saying or know. Tournies aren't supported at all.

I have to say that I love HEM and all it can do but I feel you are all stretched too thin. The message board is littered with requests and problems that go unfixed or unanswered - I currently have one on limped pots if you care to look into it - making you look bad. Charge a bit more for the s/ware and allow yourselves to spend more. It'
s less than $100 for one of the most complicated programs I've ever seen that pays for itself in one session once you have a decent database which you can buy for peanuts too!

This is where my frustration with your company comes. Bodog couldn't give a shit they've messed with h/h rakeback bonuses etc trying to get rid of the regs. You do give a shit, so should care. You come across as a group of talented guys with a great product that are working out of someones shed.

Maybe another admin would like to respond to that.
I wasn't sure what sort of response you wanted, since I already made clear we dropped development on an internal handgrabber.

B-Money
01-18-2011, 02:28 AM
There's not much to add here. Because I feel for every HM customer I'll shed some light on the decision making process.

We originally had plans to support Bodog without the 3rd party hand grabber solution. We spent considerable time and effort on this and got it close to working 100%. Some development priorities shifted and we temporarily suspended development on it with full intentions of finishing it. Bodog then updated their software and completely broke our stuff. Basically put us back to square one.

We then got a hold of a Bodog rep and went back and forth a bit. Without getting into specifics, Bodog is not HUD friendly. We completely respect this decision and have no plans to spend more resources on doing something they do not want. We'll continue to support the hand grabber as long as Bodog allows it; however, we have 100% suspended development of our internal hand grabber.

If you continue to blast every single bodog thread with your opinion you will be permanently removed from our forums without warning. I don't think we banned a single HM customer in our forums in 2010/2011. Please don't be the first. We're here to help and focus our energy on helping customers as best as we can. We're also extremely tolerant of people expressing their opinions here but if we have to edit/remove posts because of duplicate posts you will not be welcome here moving forward.

Biju
01-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks to B - Money for shedding some light on this. It's the first piece of info on this I have seen, letting us know where we stand from your point. As customers I feel we deserve this. So again thanks. All Bodog regs know they're playing around to do whatever thay can to keep only losing players, so I understand where you're coming from.

Sorry you feel slammed but it's far from that and perhaps you need to toughen up and learn from it and start giving out articulate information. Customers have a right to know why what they have paid for isn't working or when they have been told officially one thing will happen and then the opposite does. Now I do but it's taken a few hurt egos.

PatVs. Poor form outing a PM despite it not saying anything more than I have elsewhere other than giving you some of my personal views on how you can improve. I know what I said so don't need you reminding me but you didn't do it to remind me I guess. You invited me to discuss it further remember? That's why I sent it - but you couldn't give the info B-Money has for some reason.

Take a look at the official release notes below and show me where my original post needed your inaccurate red ammendments. You will see my quotes that you removed are accurate. This info is what many of your Bodog Customers have seen. Only this. So they may also think the Hand Grabber is still happening.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/37579-1-11-05e-official-release.html

Keep up the good work of your product and keep improving it where possible. If I'm banned so be it but I hope not.

B-Money
01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
NP Biju,

You won't be banned. :-) We all get frustrated from time to time. Customers, tech and myself, it's human nature. As always, if there is something you don't think is right you are more than welcome to PM me as well. Tech support deals with lots of customers daily. I won't always have the answers either, but I'll try my best to help out where I can.

GL,
-B

Biju
01-18-2011, 02:20 PM
ty Sir.

= THE END =