PDA

View Full Version : Button fonts not fully displayed

HEMhelp
01-16-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm using HEM version Trial 1.11.05e and I cannot see all the writing on some of the buttons, or the end of a word might start on a new line.
For example:

1) In cash game>reports, the "Change" button shows "Chang" on one line and the "e" on a separate line underneath (both on the button)

2) In the "All active players" window, if I select the Postflop or Big Hands tabs, the writing on some of the option buttons does not fully fit on the buttons (copped on tob and bottom)

How would I rectify this please?

I'm using Windows 7 and 1920x1200 monitor resolution.

Patvs
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Windows--> Control Panel--> Display Settings--> DPI settings---> set them to 100% (and NOT to 120/125/150%) and reboot.

HEMhelp
01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks Patvs, that worked. I was set to 125%.

Is there no other way around this though, as if I set DPI to 100% I'm likely to go blind as the writing on web pages etc is tiny. My monitor has 1920x1200 resolution.

Patvs
01-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately HoldemManager can't re-scale properly if the DPI settings are not set to default.

If you can't read stuff now either:
-just make the HUD font larger
-re-size the pokertables making them larger
-right-click on your desktop--> view--> set it to medium icons
(-or change the resolution)

SixTwelve
01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
That would be a super fix, IMO. I can probably figure out a dual-boot strategy, and I can probably set every other piece of software I have so to make HEM happy. Obviously, neither of those choices are what I was hoping for.

I like this software better than the competition, but if I'd had my current monitor when I used the eval. period, I never would have chosen the one with weird fonts and many, many required reboots.

Thanks for the work-around, though. The HH thing from within the HUD is worthless with my mis-scaled fonts. This will be much better.