PDA

View Full Version : HUD Causing Focus to Be Stolen on Merge (RPM)

LT22
01-15-2011, 10:03 PM
I play on RPM. Been having problems with that site stealing focus even though I have the option disable on the RPM Poker client. Finally, I decided I would try turning the HUD off. Wow no more stealing of focus and I could actually take notes.

Is there some obvious setting in HEM that I can change to fix this problem?

I can make a video of the issue if necessary. It is basically impossible to multi-table b/c of the constant popping up of tables.

Patvs
01-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Try to:
-1 update to
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e-1.exe

-2 Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

A. For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

B. Add exceptions for those files to the windows firewall, even if it is off.
Also do A and B for the main RPM.exe file

LT22
01-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Try to:
-1 update to
http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e-1.exe

Was using this version already

-2 Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

win7 with Aero enabled, AVG Free, Windows Firewall

A. For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

done

B. Add exceptions for those files to the windows firewall, even if it is off.
Also do A and B for the main RPM.exe file

done

Going to play a session here today, will let you know if it worked

LT22
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
forgot to mention I'm playing on multiple sites (heads up). It didn't seem to steal focus from my internet browser, but if I took a note it was still stealing focus.

LT22
01-21-2011, 05:06 PM
this is driving me nuts, can you guys at least acknowledge that you are aware of my complaint?

Patvs
01-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

Can you turn off the Windows AERO interface.
Which videocard are you using?
Can you update its drivers to the latest beta driver. (so not using Windows Update)

Are you using a dual monitor setup and some program such as UltraMon?

LT22
01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

Can you turn off the Windows AERO interface.
Turned it off, still having same problem

Which videocard are you using?
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Can you update its drivers to the latest beta driver. (so not using Windows Update)
May try this later, but I'm hesitant to do it b/c it's definitely something related to the HUD. If I turn my HUD off, no more issues

Are you using a dual monitor setup and some program such as UltraMon?
Yes, dual monitor with UltraMon

See above answers in bold, I did this in steps to see if any of them made a difference. First, I turned Aero off. Second, I installed 1.11.06 internal. Still having issue.

One other thing I've noticed, it won't steal focus from something that has nothing to do with the HUD. So, let's say I'm typing an address into my web browser while playing, it will NOT steal focus from that. But, if I'm playing on another poker site, for example Full Tilt, and I'm playing on RPM (Merge) at the same time, focus will be stolen from Full Tilt when it is my turn to act on RPM.

LT22
02-05-2011, 12:34 PM
SERIOUSLY? No response?

Patvs
02-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Did you try AMD Catalyst 11.1 drivers?
Email support@holdemmanager.com to schedule a teamviewer meeting.

Also I'm curious if you have the same problem, when using only 1 monitor.
As a test, can you unplug one of the monitors, so we can rule out it's caused by the dual monitor setup.

LT22
02-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Installed 11.1 Catalyst, turned off 2nd monitor....seemed to have fixed it. Turned on 2nd monitor and seems to be working well.

I was playing small stakes 6max instead of my normal stakes heads up, but I THINK the Catalyst has fixed the issue. Will report back if I have more issues

LT22
02-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Still steals focus

Patvs
02-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Does it also steal focus playing 6max?
Or is it a HU issue for you?

Does it steal focus HU using 1 monitor?

Did you try: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06a_Internal.exe
(different version I linked before)

LT22
02-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Played again tonight, and it's NOT stealing focus this time. Not quite sure what's going on at this point. Friend complained of same issue today.

I am using 1.11.06a, I will report back if steals focus again :D

LT22
02-11-2011, 10:54 PM
scratch that...it still steals focus from other HUD-based things, so if I try to chat on ex) Stars while it's my turn to act on Merge it will steal focus. It does NOT steal focus from my IM conversations (it used to, which was really annoying)

EDIT: I turned off UltraMon, problem still exists...I have tables on both monitors right now, so I can't try turning off 2nd monitor

Patvs
02-12-2011, 03:41 AM
email support@holdemmanager.com to schedule a teamviewer meeting.

elekamate
05-27-2011, 09:48 AM
I have the same problem and i am using the latest HM.
Should i write an e-mail too?

Patvs
05-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

hud options--> table preferences---> LOCK THE LAYOUT (turn this on)
hud options--> player preferences-->FIX MY STATS POSITION (turn this on)

herbertdotcom
09-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I've been having this problem as well, on Merge.

A month or two ago, the lock layout/fix stats changing fixed it, but its returned.

How do I solve this issue?

Patvs
09-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

herbertdotcom
09-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm using Win 7 Pro, Windows Firewall, and Free AVG.

I'm using the latest beta.

I made the "run as admin" and firewall exception changes that you mentioned.

I updated my video card's drivers and windows is up to date.

It's still not working. I have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (do I need later?)

Sarek
09-11-2011, 05:01 AM
For win7 you need this
Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en)

herbertdotcom
09-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I updated to Microsoft .NET Framework 4 using that link, and I still have the problem, merge tables stealing focus from HM notes.

Sarek
09-11-2011, 02:13 PM
In merge client:
settings - display - untick "Bring active game to front"

herbertdotcom
09-11-2011, 02:14 PM
It was already unchecked.

Patvs
09-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Are you playing tiled, stacked or cascaded?

herbertdotcom
09-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I play 2-4 tables tiled side by side.

Patvs
09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
So when you're playing four tables, A, B, C, and D.
You want to make a note on table A--> but table B requires your attention, you're unable to even SEE the HUD on table A, or you're just unable to click on the NOTE icon?

What happens if you quickly make a decision on table B, and then get back to table A?

herbertdotcom
09-11-2011, 05:08 PM
So when you're playing four tables, A, B, C, and D.
You want to make a note on table A--> but table B requires your attention, you're unable to even SEE the HUD on table A, or you're just unable to click on the NOTE icon?

What happens if you quickly make a decision on table B, and then get back to table A?

I can see the HUD on each table at all times, and can click the note icon.

I play HU, so I already have my opponent's hud note box open for each table. So if I have tables A,B,C, and D open, I also have 4 open hud note boxes at all times. If I'm typing in the HUD note box from table A opponent, and it becomes time to act on table B,C,D, or A, focus switches to the demanding table, making it very hard to take notes while playing.

Focus isn't switched from other programs, like a web browser or wordpad.

herbertdotcom
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
All of a sudden, its started working properly.