PDA

View Full Version : TN2 needs a lot of improvement

nemrod
06-03-2013, 10:04 AM
1st day of using this software was a traumatic experience. 2 obvious bugs i noticed immediately:
- it doesn't close the tournament lobby after registering you to a tournament
- it doesn't allow you to change font sizes in the "display" tab so you're stuck with a gigantic "XX BB" text that covers a sizable part of a table
Moreover:
i couldn't get sng sensei to work properly, i still hope it will in the future. i set it up to register me into an 8$/180-man and it did but the next tournament it registered me into was a 7$ non-turbo 6max (which i luckily won, so maybe shouldn't complain, lol). i'm pretty sure TN2 automatically reset some of the filters.

I'm not very surprised, since Holdem Manager 2 was way worse than Holdem Manager 1 (pretty much the same features, only 10 times more laggy unless you take special measures like buying an SSD) so expected the same about TN. But you guys should still allow your customers to buy TN 1. closing sales and forcing people to buy garbage that is full of bugs is not fair.

Dejador
06-03-2013, 12:57 PM
YOU ARE DEFINITELY RIGHT!
I just tried TN2 yesterday (and won't use it again after at least a couple of months when hopefully it'll be running ACCEPTABLE)

I thought AT LEAST it should work on pair with TN1, but this version is just not working...

1- So as you said, SNG Sensei DOES NOT WORK, i set it up for $1.50 45 Turbo SNG, clicked start, registered 1 SNG right, then started registering basically everything it found, ended up with a $1 90 Turbo, $1.50 18 Turbo, $3.50 18 Turbo... So it basically ignored filled size and buy-in levels...

YOU SHOULD START BY ADDING THE TEST BUTTON AGAIN

2- I couldn't get the BB display to work AT ALL, It worked fine when i first tried it, but then it dissapeared completely

3- Street betting did not work, basically i made a preset bet for 2.5bb and 3bb so i could use it at every instance of the hand, unfortunatley, PREFLOP it was adding the bet to the original BB, so 2.5 ended up being 3.5bb and 3bb ended in 4bb...

4- When i used the set aside table, it took focus from the other tournaments, so if a table required action, it didn't pop up un my stacked layout, this never happened in TN1

These are just a few of the things i noticed using TN2, took me about 2 hours for the initial set up to be like my old TN1, and actually used it seriously for about half an hour before realizing it was just not worth the hassle.

So for everyone at HM, if you're expecting people to pay a monthly suscription you will need to do one of two things:

A- Fix TN2 so it's interface and functions are either EQUAL or better than TN1
or
B- Keep support on TN1, keep releasing updates for it and charge the suscription fee, i wouldn't mind...

Also, you should really focus on getting TN to work without us having to disable programs used to handle more than one monitor, I mean, think about it, If i'm using TN, I'm probably multi tabling, A LOT, and if that's the case, i'm probably gonna be using more than 1 monitor... Plus, disabling UAC settings?? Don't need to do it with TN1, why should I with a NEW IMPROVED version???? It just doesn't make sense

I really hope this helps you improving the software, I for instance was very excited at first but got dissapointed, the moment i started using it.

springplank
06-03-2013, 11:07 PM
YOU ARE DEFINITELY RIGHT!
I just tried TN2 yesterday (and won't use it again after at least a couple of months when hopefully it'll be running ACCEPTABLE)

I thought AT LEAST it should work on pair with TN1, but this version is just not working...

1- So as you said, SNG Sensei DOES NOT WORK, i set it up for $1.50 45 Turbo SNG, clicked start, registered 1 SNG right, then started registering basically everything it found, ended up with a $1 90 Turbo, $1.50 18 Turbo, $3.50 18 Turbo... So it basically ignored filled size and buy-in levels...

YOU SHOULD START BY ADDING THE TEST BUTTON AGAIN

2- I couldn't get the BB display to work AT ALL, It worked fine when i first tried it, but then it dissapeared completely

3- Street betting did not work, basically i made a preset bet for 2.5bb and 3bb so i could use it at every instance of the hand, unfortunatley, PREFLOP it was adding the bet to the original BB, so 2.5 ended up being 3.5bb and 3bb ended in 4bb...

4- When i used the set aside table, it took focus from the other tournaments, so if a table required action, it didn't pop up un my stacked layout, this never happened in TN1

These are just a few of the things i noticed using TN2, took me about 2 hours for the initial set up to be like my old TN1, and actually used it seriously for about half an hour before realizing it was just not worth the hassle.

So for everyone at HM, if you're expecting people to pay a monthly suscription you will need to do one of two things:

A- Fix TN2 so it's interface and functions are either EQUAL or better than TN1
or
B- Keep support on TN1, keep releasing updates for it and charge the suscription fee, i wouldn't mind...

Also, you should really focus on getting TN to work without us having to disable programs used to handle more than one monitor, I mean, think about it, If i'm using TN, I'm probably multi tabling, A LOT, and if that's the case, i'm probably gonna be using more than 1 monitor... Plus, disabling UAC settings?? Don't need to do it with TN1, why should I with a NEW IMPROVED version???? It just doesn't make sense

I really hope this helps you improving the software, I for instance was very excited at first but got dissapointed, the moment i started using it.

This ,.. i really don't wanna be a complainer and it's not about the money, i get it,.. it costs $ to maintain TN etc,.. but let us pay the price for TN1 per month or year as i am perfectly happy with tn1,... tried using TN2 several times now,.. but impossible to concentrate on multitabling when alot is going wrong from TN2 out still.

JTM
06-10-2013, 08:03 PM
TN2 is not just expensive, it is also garbage. The program has so many bugs, completely unacceptable.
But TN1 doesn't get any support either, so a good, no...the best poker tool became crap and there is no alternative to it.

semir
06-10-2013, 08:30 PM
You guys are lucky, I ended up losing my entrie bankroll. I still cant believe that such garbage could be released.

springplank
06-10-2013, 08:48 PM
You guys are lucky, I ended up losing my entrie bankroll. I still cant believe that such garbage could be released.

LOL what does your BR have to do with TN ?????

JTM
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
LOL what does your BR have to do with TN ?????

When you want to play 3,50$ sngs and the full of bugs program registers for 100$ sngs by the time, you might loose your bankroll pretty damned fast.

springplank
06-10-2013, 10:21 PM
When you want to play 3,50$ sngs and the full of bugs program registers for 100$ sngs by the time, you might loose your bankroll pretty damned fast.

Oeps srr mate didn't know that. too bad you didn't won them.

Sarek
06-11-2013, 04:14 AM
As I explained in another thread, your case is "pure" customer error. You could prevent this by simple step: go to Micro tab and you will never see $100 tourneys in lobby even when filters = OFF

semir
06-11-2013, 05:27 AM
It's pure customer error, because I didnt used tabs, and note that this is normally not necessary, because the filter can do the job, and it's not mentioned anywhere in TN2, that a player must use tabs. But it's not your fault, that your product can change my filter settings, just like that, it's not your fault, that there is no warning that this could happen, so the player can take precautions like using tabs.

But I'm not surprised, that's what I expected to hear from you. I'll be happy to prevent other people to step in this hole, and I'll do my best.

And finaly despite my forum registration from yesterday, I am very long time user of HM and later HM2 and I was always very satisfied with the support. Unfortunately good things change...

JTM
06-11-2013, 06:48 PM
As I explained in another thread, your case is "pure" customer error. You could prevent this by simple step: go to Micro tab and you will never see $100 tourneys in lobby even when filters = OFF

That is an excuse for a tool that is full of bugs.
Really poor answer!
You really apologize the program for raising filters by itself and blame it on the customers who actually pay for your program which is nothing but buggy garbage!

JTM
06-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately good things change...

Absolutely right!
It's not just that TN1 gets no support for more than half a year, it is also that we are forced to use a programm, TN2, which is, well, the only word for it is garbage. It has so many bugs, it is an impertinance. And they want money for it, laughable.

danvari
06-11-2013, 10:15 PM

The Micro tab can't really be your solution to this major problem, can it?

What is your advice for FPP SNG? There is no Micro tab and the differences of the buy-in levels are huge.

I only wanted to play the 235 FPP SNGs today, but was registered in one for 4.500 FPP.

What now? Customer error because of too many FPPs in account?

Sarek
06-12-2013, 03:27 PM
There IS Micro tab in FTP client. Also FTP client has lot of filters.