PDA

View Full Version : Since Tuesday, HEM is not showing all of my hands played per session

All Hail Circe
01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
My HEM is not importing all of the hands while I play.

Tuesday I had 5 sessions, 2 of them everything was normal....I went to sleep.

Not sure if this has something to do with it, but FTP had a new install....and since then...I have played 4 sessions and I am missing hands....

Tuesday I played and was missing roughly 2555 of my hands according to what was shown and what the hand counter on FTP said.

I have used HEM for years and have never had this problem.

I played another session just now....3110 hands, but HEM is only showing 2311....

I am not sure if this is a problem with HEM, or FTP update, but I looked on 2p2 and didnt see anyone else having these issues, and I also do not see them on this forum.

I would just like some reccomendations of what to do to correct this problem.

Tuesday I played 7111 hands, but HEM only had 4878 shown and I had to have FTP send me the missing ones so I could make my database accurate.

Any suggestions?

Thank You in Advance

I should add I am using the latest patch 1.11.05e

Also the minutes played for the session seems to be accurate. I do not mess around with filters much, but is it possible one of them turned on? Seems weird, but I look and it seems to be at the correct setting....just wondering and trying to think of some answers.

netsrak
01-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Did you reboot your computer between the sessions?

I don't think its a general problem, so lets check your configuration and database:

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.

All Hail Circe
01-16-2011, 12:25 AM
I tried to try a reindex of my database via pgadminIII->maintenance

and the following error occured: 57014 and I was told to contact holdem manager support.

Could you please help me with this

I will also pm you as well about this

Patvs
01-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Any error DURING a vacuum/analyse or reindex usually is the sign of a corrupt database.

Can you create a NEW database (options--> database management) and reimport all your hands (by running a import from folder on your archive folder)

All Hail Circe
01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
How does a database become corrupted? Would the size of the database have anything to do with this, or is it just a random act which makes it happen?

I ask, because in my database I have over a million hands, and I was wondering if this had anything to do with it. I know it may not be a lot to some, but for the average player, I think this size database is larger than most.

You say to reimport from the archive folder, is that located in the HEM folder somewhere....?

Last time, I backed up my hands using the back up option included in one of the latest HEM updates, saved them to my external, and then reimported them, creating a new database name to save them, etc.....

Is this the same process as reimporting them from the Holdem Archive?

I just want to make sure...you say my database is probably corrupted....if I save those hands to my external, and then re-import them....wouldnt whatever it is that is corrupting my database, by "copied" and then "reimported" when I make the new database? or will it be ok, since I am putting them into a new database?

I guess what I am asking is whatever is making my database corrupted...wouldnt that be reimported and just make the new database corrupt as well?

Sorry for these silly questions, I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

I also see though, I do not seem to be the only one with these problems as of late with the import missing some hands...

Mine for the record, do not error and not import...they just are missed period. Then I have FTP send me the days Hand Histories and I import them from their file they supply to me, and there are zero problems...but I would like to be able to have these hands imported instantly, like it was doing up untl 2 weeks ago today.

mickael
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I got the same problem.

And I got that since sunday.
It was before updating to 1.11.05e-1. After the update it still doesnt work.

Some of my problems:
- Auto-import does import all hands, but not all are shown in reports.
- New database, old hands (2010) can't be imported anymore (I think after importing hands from today)
- New database, I import old hands (2010) before I import today's hands.
Now they do import, but none are shown at reports

I think it is not a user problem, cause the last 6 threads are about this problem.

All Hail Circe
01-18-2011, 06:34 PM
yeah with my situation, HEM is NOT importing all of the hands....

I will play a 3000 hand session, look at HEM and it will show maybe 2200 or so....

I wondered too, if perhaps it was importing them, and just not showing them in any reports, but I request the hands from FTP, and when I import them it will say:

Importing 800 hands, 2200 already imported. So it is obviously missing them from the onset, and I have no idea why.

I am just waiting back to hear if I should just back up all of my hands to my external like I did before, and reimport them to a new database, or if that would just corrupt the new database because I would also be importing into the NEW database, whatever it is, that is causing my problems to begin with.

Thank You for writing though and letting me know that others are having problems like mine...at least I am not alone, but I know HEM support will get it worked out.

I have never had a problem with HEM before, for the 2-3 years I have owned it, and all I ask is patience when dealing with me, because I am a computer noob, and really have zero knowledge how they work.

dagrim1
01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
And the same problem here...

HEM not importing all hands on 1.11.05e, also tried going back to 1.11.05 but the hands are not shown there either.

When I try to reimport the file with the hand(s) missing it just gives me the 'Found 0 files to progress'.

Also requested HH from FT but that didn't work either. This all on FullTilt FR 25NL.

All Hail Circe
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
And the same problem here...

HEM not importing all hands on 1.11.05e, also tried going back to 1.11.05 but the hands are not shown there either.

When I try to reimport the file with the hand(s) missing it just gives me the 'Found 0 files to progress'.

Also requested HH from FT but that didn't work either. This all on FullTilt FR 25NL.

Thats the different part then, because when I get the hands from FTP they DO import and everything is 100% accurate....its just a major pain in the rump that my HEM was working perfectly 1 week ago, but now the last seven days I cannot get it to work.

dagrim1
01-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Thats the different part then, because when I get the hands from FTP they DO import and everything is 100% accurate....its just a major pain in the rump that my HEM was working perfectly 1 week ago, but now the last seven days I cannot get it to work.

Hmmm, ok... I also didn't get an error while reindexing so perhaps my problem is something different then.

It's weird though that these problems also started recently (atleast, as far as I've noticed) and many others about problems with importing hands suddenly appear.

Patvs
01-19-2011, 04:44 AM
@All Hail Circle.

Database corrupt can corrupt for a dozen reasons: usually due to a computer crash, power outage, bad cluster on harddisk. But it can also corrupt if you never performed maintenance (vacuum/analyse/reindex) and your database reaches a certain (large) size.

Archive folder is: C:HMArchive by default

If you back/restore an entire database. The corruption will also be restored to the new database (bad)
If you reimport either the original handhistories, or exported handhistories..---> and reimport them---> the new database should be OK (good)

---

To All:

Update your PostgreSQL to the latest version from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Create a NEW database--> reimport the original handhistories.

If you have troubles updating postgresql that's probably the cause of your problem.

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

dagrim1
01-19-2011, 04:54 AM
Ugh, guess I know what I'm going to do tonight... heh.

I'll update when I have done the reimport...

*UPDATE*
Well, it imported some of the missing hands but looks like I miss another 15000 to 16000 hands :P (Over 280k to 300k sample). Will look into it some more to see if I missed some hh files.

*UPDATE 2*
Ok, I exported all the hands from the old database (per site) and again reimported those in the new one. The most complete database so far ;)

Did get the 'Currently you can only export hands from a Holdem Manager database' error when trying to export hands from the database manager, but ok. Everything seems fine now again...

All Hail Circe
01-20-2011, 03:31 AM
Well I exported all of my hhs to a new folder on my desktop.....then I created a new database name and made that the default....

Then I tried to import all of the exported hands into HEM and after 5 hours or so, a message popped up and said that HEM encountered a problem and would have to shut down.

It asked if I wanted to send a report to support, which I did...but now I ask...what do I have to do?

I am going to try to start this process over again before I go to sleep but wanted to post in this thread as well.

netsrak
01-20-2011, 04:59 AM
Seems like there is a corrupt file in the exported data.
If you start the import again it should skip this file and continue with the next one.

dagrim1
01-20-2011, 06:00 AM
To add on this...

It seems that some files were not exported properly, as a result they imported as euro currency files (and wrong limits, even though amounts were correct).

The files are ranging from 2NL to 50NL (dollar) and imported as 200NL to 5000NL (euro). I think this is the case for everest tables only, but not sure about that to be honest.

When looking at the content of the files I noticed the blinds are for example defined as $,25/$,50 instead of $0.25/$0.50. I will try a search and replace of the text to correct the files and then reimport again.

Btw, the sessions/reports overview showed the sum amount as a simple sum in dollars while the graph showed a corrected amount (correcting for the euro hands) which was what made me notice it at all.

jhstv12
01-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I've been having same problem as well. Reformatted recently about 6 weeks ago, problem started about 2 weeks ago. I created a 2nd db about week ago but now it seems that db has been corrupted and is having problems. I have postgres 8.4 and latest hem. I'm going to try to upgrade to latest postgres and see if that fixes the problem.

Couple things to note, everything is running as admin and i have a vista 64 system with uac disabled. Problem first surfaced when i ran a vacuum full analyze and re index on db(although they completed successfully). 2nd db became corrupt when i tried to load big datamined hh file 1mill + hands. I do get actual hand import errors, and log file has a bunch of error docs.

netsrak
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

All Hail Circe
01-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Seems like there is a corrupt file in the exported data.
If you start the import again it should skip this file and continue with the next one.

I used the vacuum index option, I also reimported all of my hands into a new database.....I am still having issues.

I played two sessions today

1) 1508 hands.....1127 imported....
2) 1509 hands.....1116 imported....

its almost like it is missing a tables hands, or its off by roughly 1/4 ( which is why the thought occured, it could be missing a table )

This was on the RUSH tables, so they all have the same table name, so its difficult to verify this.....

I have ZERO idea what to do next.....

Also I sent a pm to a mod here and mentioned....

Prior to reimporting all of my hands into a new database....the last database had all of the hands and called them Rush....but now in the new database about 20% of the same hands have been renamed saying they are from regular cash game tables, when I know ALL of the hands have been played in the RUSH format.

I am just trying to mention everything, so perhaps we can discover exactly what is going on, and how this problem can be corrected.....

UPDATE: I just hit ALL HANDS just to look at them in HEM and it has changed ALL of my RUSH hands which were played in the last year to normal nl table cash games....The only ones which are called RUSH are the ones I mentioned above.....

Any ideas why they have all been recatagorized? This seems really odd.

netsrak
01-23-2011, 09:52 AM
I answered your PM, this is caused by the export/import of rush hands.
You should import the original hands from the archive instead.

So in general it seems like the auto-import is still loosing hands from your rush sessions?
To which statistics do you compare the hm figures?

please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extentions turned off.

Patvs
01-23-2011, 09:56 AM
If you export hands, the RUSH characteristics will get lost.
The reason for this is a NL50 RUSH handhistory played on table "Zoom" looks exactly the same as a non-rush NL50 handhistory played on the table "Zoom" (Full Tilt uses the same table names)

HoldemManager only knows it was a RUSH hand, based on the name of the original handhistory file.

So don't reimport "exported hands" and don't reimport "requested RUSH hands", but always the original handhistories from your archive folder.

aceswired
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I have the same problem. The reports do not reflect my hands in the last week or so.

Patvs
01-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Missing Hands or Inaccurate Reports (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/371/Missing+Hands+or+Inaccurate+Reports)

And http://forums.holdemmanager.com/199627-post2.html

All Hail Circe
01-25-2011, 03:06 AM
If you export hands, the RUSH characteristics will get lost.
The reason for this is a NL50 RUSH handhistory played on table "Zoom" looks exactly the same as a non-rush NL50 handhistory played on the table "Zoom" (Full Tilt uses the same table names)

HoldemManager only knows it was a RUSH hand, based on the name of the original handhistory file.

So don't reimport "exported hands" and don't reimport "requested RUSH hands", but always the original handhistories from your archive folder.

I sent my Config files to HEM support so I am waiting to hear back from them. Thank You all for your help in this matter, I will really be happy when this is solved.

So you think perhaps if I created another new database, imported all of the hands from the HEM archive folder, then my Rush hands will be listed correctly?

All Hail Circe
01-25-2011, 03:10 AM
So in general it seems like the auto-import is still loosing hands from your rush sessions?
To which statistics do you compare the hm figures?

After my sessions I pull up FTPs stat box, and it shows Total number of hands played and some other information....it has always been 100% for the years I have played there and used HEM, but for 3 weeks now...I have been having the issue we have been discussing.

I will play a session of 1000 hands and HEM will only show like 750 or so when I go to the sessions Tab of HEM.

Patvs
01-25-2011, 09:33 AM
So you think perhaps if I created another new database, imported all of the hands from the HEM archive folder, then my Rush hands will be listed correctly?

Yes, try that.

All Hail Circe
01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Will do. I am just going to wait to hear back from support on the config file results, and see what the recco doing about my import problems.

All Hail Circe
01-26-2011, 10:39 PM
UPDATE: I am still waiting to hear back from support about my config files I have sent, but while doing so I played some regular 6 max tables....

I noticed that my HUD worked on all the tables I was playing, but for some reason, one of my tables the HERO HUD stats did not show up for me. They did on all of the other tables, but not this one for the whole session....

I also noticed that looking at my stats it would have the amount I was up for the session in my pop up, but whenever I would win a pot on this one table in particular, it never reflected a change. This was the same table that HEROS HUD stats did not display. It showed the stats for the other players, but only showed the ones from some previous times I played vs them, but for THAT session, it never updated.

I pulled up the table manager, and it showed all 6 of the tables I was playing, but one of them did not show any statistics ( Like avg size pot, etc ) and it shown players as 0/6.....)

So its obviously not picking up (1 or more tables ) and this is where I am losing hands which do not get imported....

Before I was playing Rush, and I suspected this could be the case, but we never could tell since the way Rush is, and the tables changing, we wouldnt know.

However now, playing " fixed " NL Cash Game tables, where myself and the other players are constant, I detected one table being neglected by HEM...

If this is any help to support, perhaps we are a step closer in determining just what is happening with my Hold em Manager and its importing problems.

Patvs
01-27-2011, 06:23 AM
This table... with the missing HERO HUD, where the winnings aren't shown.

Do the hands show up in HoldemManager (in graphs, reports, or sessions) from this table?

If you reimport the handhistory file, do the hands result in import errors?
If so, email us the handhistory file to support@holdemmanager.com

All Hail Circe
01-27-2011, 01:09 PM
No the hands do not show up at all.....not in graphs, not in sessions, not in anything....

What I have been doing for the last 3 weeks is at the end of the day, I have to request all the hands from that day from FTP and they send them to me....then I reimport the file they send me and what happens is:

It will import, say perhaps 3000 hands are duplicates ( these are the ones that were originally imported ) and then it says 1100 have been imported ( these are the ones that I notice missing throughout the day )

When I import the file FTP send me....there are ZERO Import errors and everything imports like it should in the first place.

It is just while playing, I have been noticing hands missing from each session that I play, and now that I tried this playing cash games, I pin pointed exactly what was happening ( IE some tables are just not having their hands imported into HEM ) so now we just need to figure out why this is happening.

24 days since I have had a "normal" day where I play, look at my HEM after a session and ALL of the hands show up perfectly. Something happened and now I am dealing with fractions of my hands missing and I am not sure why.

Patvs
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM
If you reimport the handhistory file, do the hands result in import errors? (not the file you requested from Full Tilt, but the original handhistory from your archive folder C:/HMArchive)
If so, email us the original handhistory file (from your archive folder) to support@holdemmanager.com

All Hail Circe
02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
What was the reason for me to send my congif file to support?

I did this like 7-10 days ago, but I have never heard back anything about what they found, and I am still in the same boat as I have been for about 3-4 weeks now.

I see in some other threads people are having problems with RUSH hands and the import. I am having problems with RUSH or regular cash games...so tables are just not showing up and I have to have FTP send me the missing hhs everyday to make sure my HEM is up to date which has been alright, but I would really like to be able to play and have my HEM 100% accurate as soon as the session is over.

Patvs
02-08-2011, 01:28 AM
PM me which email address you used to email support so I can find your email/response ticket.