PDA

View Full Version : Error creating Stat Ranges

PoK3rJacK
01-13-2011, 02:40 PM
So I haven't used HEM for a couple months, and the other day decided to start playing some Rush poker, and when I open HEM, I get:

Error creating stat ranges xml file: Access to path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\HoldemManager\config\StatRanges.xml is denied

So, whatever, I click okay, HEM opens, but it's all messed up....

When I go to "Cash Games" tab, there's no stats, no players, yada yada, even when I try to mess with aliases, it doesn't work and never comes up.

So I click "Import" tab, hit "stop import" and I get "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\Status\STOP.DAT is denied.

WTF does this mean? Can I just uninstall the whole program and reinstall it? But how does that work, since I bought the program?

NOTE: -Yes, I am running the most recent version of HEM
- No, I don't care if I lose any current hands in HEM, I just want to get it working properly now, even I have to start fresh.

Sorry for the long explanation but Idk what to do at this point and nothing on HEM is working...

netsrak
01-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibility tab.

Joep
02-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I have the same problem. But I can't change it to run as admin. The area appears to be grey and can't be changed. Any help?

Patvs
02-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For Vista/Windows 7 Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/) and reboot

ItalianFish
03-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I have the same problem. I use windows 7 64bit with Avira as antivirus.
-i can't turn off UAC from my account, so i logged in with the administrator account and turned off UAC
-i'm running as administrator hmhud.exe holdemmanager.exe dbcontrolpanel.exe
-I have logged with the administrator account and set "automatic start" on the secondary logon service(http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/21121-windows-7-holdem-manager.html)

I don't have the latest Beta, so I tried to update hm, i downloaded the 12.09a .exe.
I click "run as administrator" on the setup file(i'm not installing it on the administrator account, but on my normal account) and this message popup:
"Unable to create file: C:\Program Files (x86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\888.dll"

What can i do?

Patvs
03-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Try installing it to a different folder and/or to a non system folder, so C:/Poker/HoldemManager, instead of a Program Files subfolder.

full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

ItalianFish
03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
ok, now i update it to the latest version.
I still get the statrange error.
I'm sure it's an "administrator issue" because when i run holdem manager from an administrator account i don't get that message, but i still don't know how to solve it.
I'm running the .exe files as administrator
:confused:

Patvs
03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Run HoldemManager from the administrator account?
and abandon the non-admin account.

ItalianFish
03-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Run HoldemManager from the administrator account?
and abandon the non-admin account.

i can't do it. It's not safe from a computer-security point of view

Patvs
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
How is it not safe?
You can install a firewall, antivirus, etc. on the admin account.
You can even turn User Account Control back on.

HoldemManager and especially PostgreSQL need super user administrator privileges, otherwise security software will block the (SQL) server connection.

ItalianFish
03-03-2012, 09:36 AM
How to prevent your pc from 90% of all malware in 30 seconds - Computer Technical Help - Software and Hardware Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/48/computer-technical-help/how-prevent-your-pc-90-all-malware-30-seconds-1004831/)

Patvs
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Again, HoldemManager and especially PostgreSQL need super user administrator privileges, otherwise security software will block the (SQL) server connection.

Similarly TableScanner uses "optical character recognition (OCR) and therefore must be added to the antivirus exceptions list (to NOT scan/monitor it, or it will constantly be detected as a threat.

Also don't install a program like Spybot Seach & Destroy, which will completely block all connections on your computer.
Of course it's good it blocks incoming connections, but all of these programs (like: Comodo, and McAfee/Norton's Firewall) all also block benigne servers.

User Account Control only is an annoyance, and should be turned off, especially when using Windows Vista. When turned on, it makes Vista completely unusable.