PDA

View Full Version : HM2 still not working with Tournaments on Carbon Poker on Active Session tab

Arizona Willie
06-02-2013, 12:35 PM
I was having trouble with this before and then, suddenly, it worked for ONE DAY, so I thought it was solved.

I WAS WRONG.

After that one day it went right back to the same old behavior.

Cash games work fine in the Active Sessions tab.

The last tournament it will show is from 5/24.

I looked in Carbon Poker \ history \ username and the tournament file DID download from Carbon.
All the previous days folders are empty, so I presume HM2 took them and put them in the archives.

I just looked and in the HM2 archives yesterdays tournament file IS there but it will not show up in the Sessions Window on the Active Session tab. Cash games from yesterday DO show up.

I didn't play tournaments for a few days in there because I was disgusted that HM2 wouldn't work but I decided to try it again yesterday. STILL NOT WORKING.

PS: I just tried to force a manual import of the files showing in HM2\archives for yesterday and it said they were duplicates, so apparently it thinks it < has > imported them but it will not show yesterdays tournament in the session window. Last one is 5/24.

fozzy71
06-02-2013, 05:56 PM
I think Merge recently changed their hand history format for some tournaments so it could be related to that.

Make sure the poker client and hand histories are both in English. If it is not, you need to change it in the Lobby Options or reinstall the software and choose English.

Make sure that the Site Time Adjustment is properly configured such that the Time Stamp in the Reports for the hand matches your local windows clock time - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Options+%7B47%7D+Hand+Importing+%7B47%7D+Site+Time +Adjustment

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1431/How+is+a+new+database+created+in+Holdem+Manager+2% 3F
*Now import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/81/Options+%7B47%7D+Hand+Importing+%7B47%7D+Manual+Ha nd+Importing
All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and backup/restore any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.
*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/5/Database+Manager+%28Ribbon%29

If you continue to have problems, please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

Arizona Willie
06-03-2013, 02:18 PM
fozzy71: I went to the instructions to create a new database and I'm confused.

The instructions showed the info to be reported as being in this picture:

and that confuses me. I thought it got the info from the HM2 archive location.
Where should the info for the database be?
I have Carbon Poker putting it in a History directory and HM2 configured to get it from there.
Actually there are two locations shown in the Hand Importing location. Under Auto Import Folders it shows

C:\users\Arizona\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\hands
Archive to: c:\HM2Archive

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\CarbonSports\history+subfolders
Archive to: C:\HM2Archive

so I presumed that postgres was building the database from information in the HM2Archive.
Is that not correct?

Patvs
06-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Can you see the hands/tournaments in the REPORTS tab?

--

What do you mean exactly by

I thought it got the info from the HM2 archive location.
Where should the info for the database be?

After you've created a new database, run a import from folder on the archive folder, C:/HM2Archive.--> then check if you can see the tournaments/hands in REPORTS.

In your screenshot the location of the 'database parent folder' (B) is where HoldemManager will save about 40% of the data in tokenized form. Each player has his own folder and each file represents a single day.

Arizona Willie
06-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Yes I can see the tournaments in the Reports tab when I look at tournaments by the day and then clicked on Sunday I can see it.

However, today the sessions window under the Active Session tab worked! Yesterday it didn't.

That's what I don't understand. It is intermittent. Some days it works ( session window ) and some days it doesn't.

Patvs
06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Most likely cause why games show up in reports and (sometimes) not in active session, is due to a time issue.

Your computer clock
vs
the time in the lobby of the pokerclient
vs
HM2--> settings--> General settings--> TIME--> start of day
vs
the actual time

If there is any discrepancy, hands played at 00.05 for example won't show up in active session, because HoldemManager imports them as being played at 23:05 (the previous day).

Play a game/hand: check if the time/date assigned to the hand in HM2 reports, is accurate. (and matches your actual time / computer clock's time) If it isn't, read: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/101/Options%7B47%7DHandImporting%7B47%7DSiteTimeAdjust ment

Arizona Willie
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, Carbon hasn't had a good tournament when I was available today to try it, but I did play both Cash games and a Sit-n-Go.
Both worked ok.
The Sit-n-Go does show up in the Session Window and the Cash game shows up there too with the Cash tab activated.

I will try for a tournament later. But yesterday these were working but the tournament did not ( in the Session window ).

The clock does not appear to be an issue. Cash games and Sit-n-Go's that show up in the Sessions Window have the correct time.

fozzy71
06-05-2013, 09:00 AM
IF SNGs are working then MTTs should work as well. Did it start working after you created a new database or are you still using the original database from the OP that was having problems in the past?

Arizona Willie
06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I just played in a tournament after downloading and installing the latest version, and suddenly it worked again!

FOR ONE HAND!

And then it stopped. It would not show any more hands. I tried clicking on Refresh many times and it did NOTHING.

I went to the reports tab and selected tournaments and clicked on today's tournament and in the bottom window it showed that one hand and that's all, just like the session window.

I am still using my second database. I was having so many problems that I'd reinstalled everything a few weeks ago. I did not make a new database (yet), because I figured that if it worked one day but didn't work the next day it would not likely be the database. I don't see how the database can be so intermittent and work with cash games and sit – n – go games perfectly with the intermittent with tournaments.

I looked in Carbon Sports\history\Arizona Willie\ and the folder for today contains the tournament file downloaded from Carbon.

In HM2Archives, when I drill down to todays folder, it is empty.

So, apparently failed to translate the download something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when HM2 imports information it removes the file from the downloaded location and puts it in the HM2 archives, right? And then the postgres database imports it from there.

Since I am having problems that other people don't seem to have, I'm wondering if it could be because the postgres database is on a SSD drive along with the HM2 program.

IF SNGs are working then MTTs should work as well. Did it start working after you created a new database or are you still using the original database from the OP that was having problems in the past?

fozzy71
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
The intermittent problems indicate it could in fact be caused by a corrupt/damaged database. Please try creating a new database as previously instructed to rule that out as a cause. This should not be caused by your SSD. The majority of our team, adn many of our customers, all use SSD's.

Hands get imported to the database from the client folder. Later, after the hands have been imported, and your poker client has been closed so it is not locking the hand history files, and you restart HM2, it will finally archive the files.

Arizona Willie
06-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, I < did > create a new database ( this makes the 3rd one ) and loaded the info in HM2 Archives.

Results

S.O.S. = Same Old S*it

I played the 10:15 $100 tournament this morning and it displayed ONE HAND in the Sessions Window and quit.
In the window labeled Active Session Summary it said it began and ended at 10:15 am --- did not work at all.

In the window labeled Open Tables Detected ... it DID show the table and the number of hands but it appeared to quit at 20 hands.
However, I had clicked the Table Finder button a couple of times and showed it the table and that probably messed it up.

Also, the HUD displayed MY stats but other people's HUD did not update. My HUD did not keep track of the opponents ... did not work.

Then I shut down HM2 and restarted it and then it wouldn't show the tourney I was playing in at all. But the bottom window for Open Tables DID show the tournament.

CALL THE ORKIN MAN .. bugs bugs bugs bugs

Since < some > data gets displayed and some windows work and some don't --- I don't think it's the database. I suppose it could be but I have completely removed both postgres and HM2 before because of the problems and re-installed and started over and it didn't fix the problem(s). Then, per instructions here, I created a 3rd database ( first one is gone though ) and it did NOTHING to fix the problems.

fozzy71
06-07-2013, 03:48 PM
I was finally able to find one of our testers online that had Merge funds and he had no issues playing a MTT. The HUD worked, active session worked properly (when clicking refresh), etc. See the screen shot below. Note: He had restarted HM2 after updating from a beta build to 7779 which is why the HUD and Table Manager only show 4 hands instead of all the hands shown in the Active Session hands grid.

I am running out of ideas to be completely honest and think we may end up having to schedule a remote support session since we have been going back and forth on this for a few days now.

Here is one last thing to try:

1) Export any custom HUD configs.
2) Open the HM2 > HUD Options > Displayed Stats menu > Click 'Reset' > [x] All Configs > OK
3) Manually reset your HUD Options > Seating Preferences > for your site/seats

Make sure the HUD Options > HUD Filters are all set to '2 to 10' and the HUD Options > Tournament Filters are all set to '1 to 81+'.

Try to reproduce the problem using the default HUD/settings. If it works properly you can try importing your customized HUD again.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1661/Backup+and+Reset+HUD+to+Default+HUD+to+troubleshoo t+HUD+or+Crashing+Issues

If you continue to have problems, please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Please let us know when you are available in GMT time for a teamviewer session - GMT – Greenwich Mean Time (http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/gmt.html)

Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
1 - Make sure you have updated your windows using the "Windows Update" feature Microsoft Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5)
* - Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer 9 (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).
2 - Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)
3 - Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue

Arizona Willie
06-07-2013, 05:05 PM
When I go to the home menu and then click HUD options and then select a HUD in the left column and then click Site Options and then select the same HUD in the right window, In the Window for Applied Configurations I see multiple configurations one for a site where I do not play. I just deleted that to see what is going to happen.

I am going to try exporting the HUD'S as you recommend.
=========

OK, I exported all my custom HUD'S and reset the HUD and Tournament filters per instructions.
Those numbers had been changed. I remember reading a post from someone who recommended changing them and I had done it. So they are reset.

Then I played cash game and everything worked.

Then I played a MTT and .... you guessed it ... same thing. But, the HUDS for the players did work. The Sessions window is still not co-operating.

Mysteriously, though, the Session window is NOW displaying this mornings tournament that it would not display then. I'g going to keep and eye out on my 2nd monitor ( where I have HM2 ) and see if the tournament that it would not display a while ago shows up later.
===

Okay ... news bulletin ... the information on this afternoons tournament that would not display ... displayed after I clicked on Cash and then back on Tournaments and then Refresh. But it took about 45 minutes before it would show up.

This is really getting to be a good computer mystery.

Arizona Willie
06-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Latest update:

This morning I played in the 10:15 $500 tournament, just to see if it would work or not today.
I am still using the default HUD'S. I have not re-imported any custom HUD'S.

It did the same thing this morning. It displayed one hand in the Session window and in the Active Session Summary it said it started and ended at 10:15 am. In other words it immediately shut down.

In the Open Tables Detected window it DID show the data on the hands.

I only lasted 17 hands this morning :( but I didn't care too much. I primarily was testing to see what happened.

I have left HM2 running to see if the tournament would show up later like it did yesterday. So far about 30 minutes later, it has not.

I used Windows Explorer and went looking in the download directory where Carbon puts the files and it was empty, so I looked in HM2Archives and THE FILE IS THERE. Since I busted out quick, the file is only 52 mb ... but it IS there, which, I believe indicates that the postrgres database DID LOAD THE FILE AND MASSAGE IT for whatever it does with the info.

But it is not showing in HM2.

It's a good thing the Refresh button is digital or it would be worn out ... but clicking Refresh was no help at all.

So it is doing this with no custom HUDS and all the filters set to their defaults as per instructions.

BTW: I usually have Dragon Naturally Speaking running in the background and this morning I shut it down and rebooted to make sure it wasn't still in memory to possibly cause a memory conflict ... so DNS is not the culprit either. DNS is a heavy memory user so I suspected it might possibly be causing problems but it isn't.

Since postgres did access the downloaded file from Carbon Poker and then saved it in the proper place ... I'm suspicious of the file it put in HM2Archives. I wonder if something is wrong with that file and that is why HM2 can't display the data properly.

Is it possible for postgres to write a corrupted file?

Every tournament?

On 5/18/2013 I deleted postgres and HM2 and re-installed them both ... but it didn't solve the problem.

fozzy71
06-09-2013, 08:30 AM
I don't this could be a postgresql problem. It really sounds to me like a problem with the Site Time Adjustment setting but if that was the case then Cash/SNG games wouldn't likely work properly on the Active Session tab either. We will have to figure this out when one of our techs meet you for remote support.

Arizona Willie
06-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Well, isn't this fun?

This morning the damn thing worked!!!

Played a tournament and finished 4th and the DISPLAYED TIME ON THE HANDS MATCHES MY COMPUTER CLOCK. It is NOT a time problem.

But, at least for the first tournament of the day -- it worked and showed up in the Session Window just like it should.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow?

I did re-import my Custom HUDS.

Since it didn't work yesterday with the default HUDS I figured that my custom HUDS were not the problem so I brought them back.

At least some of them. Some did not work ... they wouldn't import. However I can re-create them without too much problem.

So, for right now it looks like a wait and see what happens tomorrow.

I do thank you for all the help.

Patvs
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM
If a session doesn't show up for you in the Active Session tab, use the Reports tab instead.

You can see ALL the information in the reports tab too, using a Tournament Winnings Graph report / Tournaments report.

Arizona Willie
06-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Patvs, sometimes it didn't show up in Reports either.

I'm hoping that the update to version 785 yesterday morning fixed it.
Had no problem yesterday.
Will see what happens today.
====
Well this is getting old.

Yesterday it worked perfectly.
This morning Sit-n-Go worked fine.
Then played in a regular tournament and it went to the same old thing.

Imported one hand and quit.
Only one hand shows up in the Reports tab too looking at that tournament.

I have emailed in requesting a Teamviewer session.

Boy I'm sure glad I'm not trying to run a business with this software.

j4cebetilt
10-11-2014, 04:27 PM
im having the exact same problem with mine as well. Is there a way to fix this? my sit n go and cash are working fine but my tournament are very buggy where it doesn't show up on the client and the hud only updates a few players...please help cuz this has been happening for months and i thought it was just me

Patvs
10-11-2014, 07:01 PM
If the HUD doesn't appear: use the TableFinder: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1441/HowIsTableFinderUtilizedIfTheHUDDoesNotAppear%3F

Are you playing multiple MTTs simultaneously?
What type of MTTs?