PDA

View Full Version : New composite definitions

HossendeHaai
05-31-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm having a few problems with the new composite definitions.

When using instances in the expression field and the sample expression field, is it supposed to calculate a percentage to check if it qualifies for a color-defintion badge automaticly?

An example:

I have 2 'Do not take notes for missed opportunities' definitions: 'Foldv3Bet' and 'Is3Betted'.
And a color definition: 'Foldv3Bet', using a minimal percentage and a minimum sample.

For the badge to work should the expression be just the definition 'Foldv3Bet' and it then calculates a percentage using the sample expression 'Is3Betted' or should the expression still be ( "NC.'Foldv3Bet' / NC.'Is3Betted' ) * 100" to calculate a percentage within the expression itself?

It's hard to test things out because every time I try to seek for color-definitions HM2 crashes. Seeking note-definitions still works fine.

sreticentv
06-01-2013, 08:37 AM
( "NC.'Foldv3Bet' / NC.'Is3Betted' ) * 100"

I think this is not OK. Those values come back as integers so you'll always get 0. Try:

(NC.Foldv3Bet * 100) / NC.Is3Betted

Also, keep in mind that you can type someone's screen name in the test area and it will tell you how it did its calculation

HossendeHaai
06-01-2013, 06:01 PM
It was a simple example that I did not actually use, but forgetting about the integers indeed fixed most of my issues. :)

One thing remaining: if i remember correctly a color definition based on a composite definition used to display the value of the composite definition when hovering over the badge in the HUD. When I hover over these badges now, they just display the name of the color definition, and leave out any info about the composite definition it is based on. Is this intended?

HossendeHaai
06-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Sry, but i'm still a bit confused about the use of the new color defintions also.:confused:

Per your example, the calculation of a percentage has to be done in the 'Expression' field, without taking into account the "Sample expression" field. That field is just for the # of opportunities, and unrelated to the percentage if I understand you correctly. But when I look how NoteCaddy writes down the notes, a total number of instances have to be in 'Expression' field and a total number of opportunities in the "Sample expression" field and then NC calculates a percantage. See here, where I got unexpected results as the calculation was supposed to be done in the expression itself:

The intended %-outcome is 32%, but NC gives 55-%. When I write down the composite defintion so that the note gives the right result, the badge of the color doesn't appear when it should. :confused:

sreticentv
06-02-2013, 08:51 AM
The definition analysis for composites is new so in that portion of the report it looks like a bug. On the HUD and all other places it's the 32 that will count