PDA

View Full Version : Can't solve error 127.0.0.1

PlayMaker
01-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Hello. I've followed all you're tutorials on how to fix this error but I just canīt geti it started. Can anyone Ghost me or something?

Patvs
01-12-2011, 12:37 AM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

PlayMaker
01-12-2011, 02:00 AM
I get this error when installing postgresql. just dont understand...

netsrak
01-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Please try downloading and installing Postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).
If that fails try 8.3 and 8.2.
If its still not working which operating system? Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

PlayMaker
01-12-2011, 01:06 PM
All of the versions failed. I use only Kaspersky Internet Security and i've already tried to install it with protection paused.

Just don't know what else to do.

wrap_it
01-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Same for me, running on win7. I think they released an update yesterday and that's why it's not working anymore. I can't even start the service because 'access denied'

/edit: tried fixing the hosts file and diabling UAC, both didn't work

Patvs
01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
-1 The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

-2 Turn off Windows User Account Control in Control Panel--> User Accounts (and reboot)

-3 Try the manual installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
If 8.4/9.0 doesn't want to install. Try 8.2

PlayMaker
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I did everything. Just can't get it to work

netsrak
01-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Please see our Kaspersky FAQ: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010? (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/127/Using+Kaspersky+Internet+Security+2010%3F+)

It is not enough to pause Kaspersky for installing Postgresql. I would suggest to uninstall it, install postgresql and then reinstall Kaspersky.

If have read in other posts that the Kaspersky support is aware of the problems with installing postgresql too - so you should find more detailled informations in their forums.

wrap_it
01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Well, it seems like we're having different problems then because I've had postgresql 8.4 running successfully for a long time since yesterday. And I also don't have kaspersky but antivir. I've found other posts concerning this problem but it seems to occur very sparingly and I haven't found a solution yet.

Sarek
01-13-2011, 06:46 AM
if you say all were OK since yesterday - then smth was changed in your PC exactly yesterday
windows update? or similar?
changed hardware (router)?

wrap_it
01-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah, there was a winupdate yesterday. For whatever reason it now works after I've deleted the postmaster file.