PDA

View Full Version : I'm an idiot

sodium81
01-11-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm fairly computer savy but im having a hard time with the sql database password and the manager grabbing my hands. I was told to get this software by a friend that likes it but if i cant even download the trial without having a hard time why should i buy it? Could anyone give me some help?

sodium81
01-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Anybody? I trust its ok software but with no help i'd probably not drop my $90 on it...

Patvs
01-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Default database password is: postgrespass
(if you ever installed a PokerTracker3 trial, they use: dbpass)

If it doesn't accept postgrespass during installation of PostgreSQL, delete the postgres user first: click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista/Windows 7, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

----

Watch: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Holdem Manager Video Library (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/374/HoldemManagerVideoLibrary)

sodium81
01-11-2011, 10:12 PM
System Error 5 has accured.
Access is Denied.

Is what i get in response.

Patvs
01-11-2011, 10:19 PM
The error sounds like a user privileges issue.
Both HoldemManager and PostgreSQL require superuser administrator privileges on your computer. (otherwise your firewall/anti-virus program/or Windows tend to block the SQL server)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

--

If you got the access denied error, attempting to delete the postgres user, make sure you start Command Prompt as administrator

sodium81
01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Windows 7. I turned my firewall off. It should be fairly easy to access anything.

Patvs
01-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Try turning off Windows User Account Control.
(control panel--> user accounts-->)

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for postgres.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if it is off. (it's better to just leave on the firewall, and manually add the exceptions)