PDA

View Full Version : HMImport.exe running in task manager?

Volcom777
01-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I have been having trouble with HEM not starting when I open it, the program keep "not responding". I have not used it for 2 days and again had the same problem and have been rebooting my pc before a session as that seems to be the only thing to get it working again.

I just noticed (while HEM is not running or open) that in my windows task manager I still had HMImport.exe running in processes. After a reboot it was no longer there. Does this mean that my HEM is not closing properly?

Im terrible with computers so any advice appreciated.

Patvs
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
When closing HM, it should close hmhud.exe and hmimport.exe
But it's a common issue, it sometimes won't close these two processes properly.

When that happens (only really important when you want to UPDATE HoldemManager, where it needs to be able to overwrite those files) either manually close them in Windows TaskManager or reboot first.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html