PDA

View Full Version : TN2 issues with Stars/Party multitabling

willmichigan
05-29-2013, 08:33 PM
As requested, this is reposted from TN2 forum:

Willmichigan:
After uninstalling and re-installing I have managed to get TN2 to work again. I therefore played a quick session today to test out the current functionality and was appalled. There are so many issues using just Stars and when I tried to add Party tables things got a whole lot worse. I will try to document things here so we can get them fixed ASAP. Apologies in advance if I make any mistakes in the description - I was scribbling down notes as I played.

24 May 2013: TN 2.1.18.0
1. When a table is active I can't seem to move the mouse outside of the confines of the table - is this designed? For one it means I can't stop the SNG sensi. I have "Popup table whenever action is required" checked as well as both "TUM" and "Bring TUM to Foreground2 checked. Appears this is the same issue with Stars and Party. Possible this is only an issue when both Stars and Party tables are opened at the same time?
2. Preset bets - Party preset bet preflop uses the 3-bet amount, not the PF bet amount. Post flop bets work OK. All preset bets seem to work OK with Stars
3. Party replayer - this is brought into the stack when opened which means it is impossible to get access to if I have multiple tables running. Also this means it is resized to fit in the stack which actually crops it (presumably because it is a different aspect ratio to the actual tables) which means the vital buttons are inaccessible to "play though" the hand
4. Number keypad - numbers don't seem to work to type in bet box/chat/notes. I have to use the numbers on my main keypad. FYI my number keypad is Targus Pauk10U Targus Numeric Keypad with USB Hub | PAUK10U (http://www.targus.com/us/productdetail.aspx?sku=PAUK10U)

Set Table aside issues
5. Number keypad - I have the following hotkeys for "set table aside"
STA1 "/" shows up in TN2 as "divide" works fine
STA2 "*" shows up in TN2 as "multiply" and does NOT work
STA3 "-" shows up in TN2 as "NumLock" and does NOT work
STA4 "BS" shows up in TN2 as "Back2 - works fine
Looking at the logs I see that the hotkey "strokes" for STA1 and STA4 are recorded but the ones for STA2 and STA3 are not even recorded so seems that they are not being recognised. Indeed when I look at "All hotkeys" STA2 and STA3 are recorded as "none" even though on the table control tab they show up as being set
6. For the STA hotkeys, using them with multiple sites pretty much does not work. Couldn't understand the logic behind it but if you moved more than one table out of the stack most of the time one of the STA tables already out of the stack returns to the stack and sometimes the tables don't move they are just slightly resized
Some suggestions (assuming I am not simply missing some of the options already available:
A. Party - need an option to select "check" automatically when hitting fold when check is available
B. Auto close annoying Party pop ups (not sure if this is already taken care of in Stars or not)
C. SNG sensi for Party? I know it's not ideal software but I know it is possible to do something
D. Auto close SNGs where hero is not seated (i.e. when KO from a SNG or when SNG stars but hero did not register in time)

Good stuff: Seems like the functionality to have Party and Stars tables in one stack with them popping up in turn works which is a BIG deal - mass multi-tabling across multiple sites in once stack could revolutionise my game!!

I have sent log from today's session via the TN2 GUI. Hope this also sends settings file for you to review if needed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Sarek
Thank you for the feedback.
1) this is normal as it is the new feature implemented popup table whenever action is required
2) please do this:
on Setup tab press Debug button - this will open a separate window, put it on screen to be visible
Also put TN - Preset betting tab on screen to see what you have set there
open a table, play - you will see in that Debug window all pot sizes TN wants to use
reproduce issue and do a screenshot with all this visible:
- table with problem
- debug window
- preset tab
and send this screenshot with logs

3) replayer should not be taken\considered as a table by TN. I will try to reproduce and write up a ticket.

4) Please reproduce issue, then go to TableNinja 2 > Setup and click the "Send logs to TableNinja" button.
Then send a copy of that ZIP file to support@alxsoftware.com to check it over for errors.
Also please send a screenshot of your desktop with a table and your HUD displayed.

5) also - please send logs. Personally I do not have Numpad at all, so need to forward this to colleagues.

A) this should work. Please tell - is it only happening on Party? I had no problems with it on PS.
B) this option is available in annoyances
C) Implementing Sensei for Party and FTP is in plans. But I can't give ETA.
D) Autoclosing SNGs when they finishes works on PS - but if hero did not manager to register - should be closed manually.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Willmichigan:
1) Why would you set things so that the mouse can't leave the active table? How am I meant to stop SNG sensi for example? That said this issue was not happening during my short session today so does that mean my software is malfunctioning

2) Emailed screesnhots and logs to support. I also noticed that turn and river bets are not being sized properly either in Party - this is shown in screenshot 2

3) This is still happening in v2.1.23.0

4) and 5) Emaled support about this but yet to hear back anything that will help

A) There is no optin setting for this and it does not happen. I have this option set via the client in Stars so not can't tell if this TN2 feature works in Stars or not

B) Only option in annoyances is "close single OK pop-ups" and not all annoyances are "OK" options. I will tryy to screenshot annoyances that aren't closed and email

C) OK

D) Would be good to implement this feature so I don't get a bunch of Party tables that I'm not playing stuck behind active tables - since I stack I can't see tables that are not active

Sarek
05-30-2013, 05:24 PM
1. this was a bug that was fixed in the latest release. that's why it did not happen last time you played
A. this should work in PP by default - hitting "Fold" should automatically hit "Check", if available
D. For PP, if hero does not register in time, we can auto-close the SNG. When user busts out of SNG, the table should auto-close after a few seconds - please let us know if that does not happen
3. This is a bug. Will try to dublicate and then bug ticket will be written.

Also: please PM me your email you used to send logs etc.

willmichigan
05-30-2013, 09:00 PM
1. this was a bug that was fixed in the latest release. that's why it did not happen last time you played
A. this should work in PP by default - hitting "Fold" should automatically hit "Check", if available
D. For PP, if hero does not register in time, we can auto-close the SNG. When user busts out of SNG, the table should auto-close after a few seconds - please let us know if that does not happen
3. This is a bug. Will try to dublicate and then bug ticket will be written.

Also: please PM me your email you used to send logs etc.

1) Originally you said "this is normal" and now you say this was a bug. Glad it's fixed but frustrating to get conflicting info

2) Any update? I will PM you my email address but I received a reply after sending the logs referencing ticket HM-6971

3) This was posted May 24 and yet on May 31 you still haven't created a ticket for it.......

A) THIS DOES NOT WORK. Doesn't matter that it should, it doesn't, please fix ASAP

D) Table auto closes after bust out. However table does NOT auto close if the tournament starts but here doesn't register in time - please add this functionality, perhaps as an option so you can watch games if desired

Sarek
05-31-2013, 02:12 PM
My previous post was a quote from John (developer).
so if he has agreed (1) was a bug - then this was a bug. Anyway, it is fixed now :)
2. Yes, ticket is written, I simply want to know your email address for future reference. Since you are reporting many interesting things and you are doing this often = more attention needed. If I will know your email ... "aha, this text if from THAT guy..." :)
Current status of HM-6971 = Open, unresolved. It is in queue to fixing. But right now our main goal is Sensei improvement.
3. HM-6981
A. Will try to reproduce in Party SNG. Can you also send "clean" log for this?
D. Also will try to repro and ask John what we can do.

willmichigan
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
My previous post was a quote from John (developer).
so if he has agreed (1) was a bug - then this was a bug. Anyway, it is fixed now :)
2. Yes, ticket is written, I simply want to know your email address for future reference. Since you are reporting many interesting things and you are doing this often = more attention needed. If I will know your email ... "aha, this text if from THAT guy..." :)
Current status of HM-6971 = Open, unresolved. It is in queue to fixing. But right now our main goal is Sensei improvement.
3. HM-6981
A. Will try to reproduce in Party SNG. Can you also send "clean" log for this?
D. Also will try to repro and ask John what we can do.

2 - just sent you PM

A - just sent logs and screenshot of this

D - Contrary to my previous post, tables do NOT close when I bust out on Party, even when I have "close tourney after 0 seconds" checked - this works for Stars but not Party. Screenshot attached and log files in with email re A