PDA

View Full Version : How to easily switch between custom layout templates?

LeviJ88
05-27-2013, 07:14 PM
In custom layout manager I have a bunch of templates, a 12 table 4x3 tile layout covering my monitor, a 16 table 4x4 tile layout (maximizing height), and a 20 table 5x4 layout (maximizing width). I like to start out with my 12 table layout, but switch to a 16 table layout and 20 table layout later on in my session as tables get going. And also when on the verge of 12/13 tables or 16/17 tables I switch layouts back and forth.

Is there an easy way of switching templates besides going to "Table Control" > "Change Layout" > "Edit", (then in "Layout Editor" it always defaults to Tile, even if "Table Layout" is set to something else, e.g. custom), click the drop down, set it to Custom Layout, click Edit again, then click Template dropdown, change templates, then set the default again.

Pain in the butt. I want to be able to bind each custom layout template to a hotkey.

sideshow
05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi,

Do you mean a Hotkey for each layout ie TNTile, cascade etc?

If so you can do this in the Hotkeys > table control tab set hotkeys

If i misunderstood your question please let me know.

Thanks

LeviJ88
05-27-2013, 09:22 PM
No not those layouts, I'm talking about Custom Layout Templates.

You can see your templates in "Custom Layout Manager". You can navigate to here from within "Layout Editor", by selecting "Custom Layout" then click "Edit".

You can navigate to "Layout Editor" in Hot Keys > Table Control > Change Layout > Edit

Note: In "Table Control" It does not matter what layout you have selected, e.g. "Custom" or "Tile". Clicking "Edit" on any layout will bring up "Layout Editor" defaulted to "Tile". You must select "Custom Layout" from within here, and then "Edit" once again.

I want to be able to bind these layouts to hotkeys;

Sarek
05-28-2013, 02:41 AM
Ok, is clear now.
Ticket with request for this feature - created. HM-6968
I have added your email address to the ticket so you will be notified once we have implemented it.