PDA

View Full Version : TN2 problems - table targeting + sensei changes...

coeckie
05-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Guys, seriously... It doesn't work.

How do you manage to go from one of the easiest to install and use programs, to a program (supposedly with "extra" features) that even an advanced and experienced user can't get to do the most basics in functionality?

A few of the problems I've been having with TN2:

- First of all, if it doesn't work at all when not running as administrator, you might want to throw in a simple pop-up that tells the user just that, when it's not running as admin...

- Ninja tile and other "custom" options are ridiculously basic and useless this way
Ninja tile is an attempt at "copy" from programs such as TOI and StackAndTile. Unfortunately, you seem to have copied more StackAndTile, which sucks, and not TOI, which has much more advanced options and is and always has been awesome.
I mean, how hard is it to add options to :
* choose which slot is your stack-slot
* choose and edit where the other slots appear manually, creating possibilities for overlap for example if desired
* add a hotkey to "keep in grid", and not a separate hotkey for every slot, but just one that moves it to the next available slot and keeps it there until you reclick the same button while targeting said table.
* add a treshold for keeping tables in the grid, based on blind level, people remaining in tournament, etc
(this is the MAIN reason for tournament players to use this sort of layout, to stack the early levels and grid the late-levels automatically, duh)
Unless you're gonna make it work properly, why bother adding this feature at all?
TOI is free and available to all, and works a million times better and is much more customisable.
I would like one less program to use tho, I get it, but if TN2 doesn't even offer the most basic functions there is no use.

- Table targeting does not work AT ALL, for me.

I'm using Nova Grey theme, with layout 'none', as I don't want Tableninja to do anything with table layouts (TOI does that), and I use the preset betsizes, click buttons manually with the left-mouse-button, and use the right-mouse-button to set betsizing to allin.

I tried opening a few tables, and the cycling doesn't work at all.
Only ONE table gets the red frame (the same table always), the other tables get no frames, not even when clicked, when pressing the "cycle to next-in-line", when acting on them, never.
Only that ONE table the hotkey works on, and only sporadically. On the other tables it does nothing, NOR does the auto-betsizing work (setting the preflop betsize to xBB for example, or postflop betsize to x%).
The cycle-to-first-in-line does NOT work.

Since you've changed the options available to choose for table control, I'm not sure which to use when simply clicking buttons with the mouse (and not wanting my mouse to jump anywhere by itself).
I've tried ALL possible combinations of the table control options, NONE work.

- The SNG sensei, WHY the changes and loss of functionality?

I don't get it.
If there was one thing Tableninja was unique in, it was the SNG sensei.
That is the ONLY thing you absolutely NEEDED Tableninja for.
And now you've gone and taken away half the options and functionality:
* Where are the "test" buttons?
How can I test a saved filter, to see if the correct games are being filtered? I can't figure it out for the life of me, without pressing the "start" button...
* The checkboxes don't work properly.
I'm stuck clicking and double-clicking those damn things for about 15-20 seconds before it actually will change from checked to unchecked or vice versa...
* Why the change from "Target Number" + "Max per cycle" to only "Register Maxim"???
Here you take away the whole functionality of the thing...
As far as I could figure out while testing, both functionalities are now in ONE number???
When I tried setting it to 50, it tried regging 50 in one cycle before jumping to the next filter.
When I tried setting it to 3, it regged 3, jumped to the next filter, but never came back after 60 seconds to reg the next 3 obviously, since the limit of "3" is reached...
This is ridiculous.
In old TN, you put '50' in 'Target Number', and '3' in 'Max Per cycle', and BAM, 3 per go, till you have 50. EZ GAME.
WHY did you change that? Please change this back.
* Why did you generalise the "Seconds between cycles" numbox?
Now it has to be the same for every filter, that's ridiculous. If you're regging different buyins at the same time (which almost EVERY SNG grinder does), there is definitely reason to keep these separate per filter.
If I'm regging $35 180s for example, it is sufficient to cycle that filter once every 600 seconds, because it never fills up in less than 10 minutes.
But if I'm also regging $8-$15 180s at the same time in a different filter, obviously it has to cycle there much more often, every 100 seconds for example, because otherwise there's a big chance one SNG will fill up without me in it.
* Where did the "Reset" button go?
Unchecking all checkboxes is annoying, especially since they don't work properly. Why not a reset button?
* Where did the "Total registered" number and "Run Minutes" go?
This was easy to see how many games or how long you've played, why is it gone?

As it is now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to use.
All I use Tableninja for, is setting betsizing, those beautiful colored bars, and sometimes the SNG Sensei, and NONE of these functionalities work...

:confused:

Sarek
05-27-2013, 06:48 AM
First of all, if it doesn't work at all when not running as administrator, you might want to throw in a simple pop-up that tells the user just that, when it's not running as admin...

You're right. Note that since a few releases ago (2.1.18), there should be a tooltip message telling you just that - and if you go to "Logs" tab, you should also find the message in there. Yes, we should make this more prominent, like a message box probably?

- Ninja tile and other "custom" options are ridiculously basic and useless this way
Ninja tile is an attempt at "copy" from programs such as TOI and StackAndTile. Unfortunately, you seem to have copied more StackAndTile, which sucks, and not TOI, which has much more advanced options and is and always has been awesome.
I mean, how hard is it to add options to :
* choose which slot is your stack-slot
* choose and edit where the other slots appear manually, creating possibilities for overlap for example if desired
* add a hotkey to "keep in grid", and not a separate hotkey for every slot, but just one that moves it to the next available slot and keeps it there until you reclick the same button while targeting said table.
* add a treshold for keeping tables in the grid, based on blind level, people remaining in tournament, etc
(this is the MAIN reason for tournament players to use this sort of layout, to stack the early levels and grid the late-levels automatically, duh)
Unless you're gonna make it work properly, why bother adding this feature at all?
TOI is free and available to all, and works a million times better and is much more customisable.
I would like one less program to use tho, I get it, but if TN2 doesn't even offer the most basic functions there is no use.

Yes, you're right. We will adjust these in time. We've added a "feature request" in our database, and we'll get to it soon.
Ticket # is HM-6960.

- Table targeting does not work AT ALL, for me.
I'm using Nova Grey theme, with layout 'none', as I don't want Tableninja to do anything with table layouts (TOI does that), and I use the preset betsizes, click buttons manually with the left-mouse-button, and use the right-mouse-button to set betsizing to allin.
I tried opening a few tables, and the cycling doesn't work at all.
Only ONE table gets the red frame (the same table always), the other tables get no frames, not even when clicked, when pressing the "cycle to next-in-line", when acting on them, never.
Only that ONE table the hotkey works on, and only sporadically. On the other tables it does nothing, NOR does the auto-betsizing work (setting the preflop betsize to xBB for example, or postflop betsize to x%).
The cycle-to-first-in-line does NOT work.
Since you've changed the options available to choose for table control, I'm not sure which to use when simply clicking buttons with the mouse (and not wanting my mouse to jump anywhere by itself).
I've tried ALL possible combinations of the table control options, NONE work.

This should not happen. Please reproduce issue, then go to TableNinja 2 > Setup and click the "Send logs to TableNinja" button.
Then send a copy of that ZIP file to support@alxsoftware.com to check it over for errors.
Also please send a screenshot of your desktop with a table and your HUD displayed.
See instructions How to make screenhot? Taking screenshots is fast and free. No software to download (http://www.iopus.com/guides/screenshot.htm)
Please send the screenshot even if you don't have a HUD or custom table theme.

If we cannot find anything useful, could you have a teamviewer session with our lead developer?

- The SNG sensei, WHY the changes and loss of functionality?
I don't get it.
If there was one thing Tableninja was unique in, it was the SNG sensei.
That is the ONLY thing you absolutely NEEDED Tableninja for.
And now you've gone and taken away half the options and functionality:
* Where are the "test" buttons?
How can I test a saved filter, to see if the correct games are being filtered? I can't figure it out for the life of me, without pressing the "start" button...
* The checkboxes don't work properly.
I'm stuck clicking and double-clicking those damn things for about 15-20 seconds before it actually will change from checked to unchecked or vice versa...
* Why the change from "Target Number" + "Max per cycle" to only "Register Maxim"???
Here you take away the whole functionality of the thing...
As far as I could figure out while testing, both functionalities are now in ONE number???
When I tried setting it to 50, it tried regging 50 in one cycle before jumping to the next filter.
When I tried setting it to 3, it regged 3, jumped to the next filter, but never came back after 60 seconds to reg the next 3 obviously, since the limit of "3" is reached...
This is ridiculous.
In old TN, you put '50' in 'Target Number', and '3' in 'Max Per cycle', and BAM, 3 per go, till you have 50. EZ GAME.
WHY did you change that? Please change this back.
* Why did you generalise the "Seconds between cycles" numbox?
Now it has to be the same for every filter, that's ridiculous. If you're regging different buyins at the same time (which almost EVERY SNG grinder does), there is definitely reason to keep these separate per filter.
If I'm regging $35 180s for example, it is sufficient to cycle that filter once every 600 seconds, because it never fills up in less than 10 minutes.
But if I'm also regging $8-$15 180s at the same time in a different filter, obviously it has to cycle there much more often, every 100 seconds for example, because otherwise there's a big chance one SNG will fill up without me in it.
* Where did the "Reset" button go?
Unchecking all checkboxes is annoying, especially since they don't work properly. Why not a reset button?
* Where did the "Total registered" number and "Run Minutes" go?
This was easy to see how many games or how long you've played, why is it gone?

Indeed, you're right. We'll be adding a few things back:
- the "Test" button, this will be the first to show up
Ticket # is HM-6961

- about checkboxes. We're sorry about this, we're working on fixing it. Until then, as a workaround, please click them towards the right - that should always work
Ticket # is HM-6962

- You're right about "Max per cycle"/"Seconds between cycles" - we're adding them back
Ticket # is HM-6963

- About "Reset" button - please see our comment about checkboxes. If the workaround does not work, please let us know.
Ticket HM-6964

- We'll add a "summary" feature that will show them both.
Ticket HM-6965

As it is now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to use.
All I use Tableninja for, is setting betsizing, those beautiful colored bars, and sometimes the SNG Sensei, and NONE of these functionalities work...

1. About table targetting - there is probably a misconfiguration on your part. We'll definitely know more once we see the logs. If it's something on our end, should be an easy fix
2. The Sensei changes are in our short term TODO list - you should have it within a week tops.
Thank you for your feedback!
For all tickets mentioned - I have added your email address to them so we can notify you once we have fixed\implemented it.