PDA

View Full Version : how manually copy a database (only HH + notes)

rohan68
05-24-2013, 12:26 PM
hi i had to play a month on my laptop so i got lot of hands and new notes

i can no go back to my desktop computer where i m use to play (bigger screen..)

i know i cant export notes (already had an answer here some time ago, it only updtate players with no notes and old notes remains) so i want to copy the whole database

i dont want to use the Hmtool because it also copy the HH paths;filters huds etc

so i think best is to go in progresqul on lapto, make a copy and then go to progresql in desktop pc and paste the copy
but i dont know how to do it

thanks for your help, hope i was clear
have a nice day

Patvs
05-25-2013, 03:04 AM
Copy the archive folder from the laptop--> to the desktop and run a 'import from folder' on the hands.

You can export notes, by going to options--> notes--> export notes.
Then import them again on your desktop.

It will update the notes if you already had a note on player, by adding the new lines. (and add notes to players that didn't have a note yet)

it will actually either ignore or append the note. What it does is it looks to see if the imported note is already part of the current note and if so it ignores it. If not it will append to the existing note.

So, if in the DB a player has a note "he is a fish" and then you try to import a note that simply says "fish" it will ignore it since "fish" is contained within "he is a fish". If the imported note said "fishy" then his new note would be

"he is a fish
fishy"

rohan68
05-25-2013, 03:11 AM
thanks patvs ,
quite clear for HH but for notes i wont have the exact copy of my atual notes (i already asked and we conclued that the note export function is not 100% effective),

we cant do it manually with progresql?

if i use the backup restore / option of HM how can i do to only import hands and notes, i dont want to change my import folders, filters, reports, huds etc from my desktop

thanks

Patvs
05-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Actually the notes export/import is only flawed theoretically. Can you give an example of a note on a player on the laptop--> which when appended with a note on the desktop (a note that may have overlapping text)--> becomes an unreadable note?

It's not possible to merge the notes indexes in PostgreSQL. (without facing the exact same issue of how to handle notes that overlap in text)

Similarly, you can't merge two databases (not in pgadminIII, nor using the backup/restore). You can't restore into an existing database.

rohan68
05-25-2013, 03:34 AM
i dont want to restore into an existing database

in my desktop i had my main database , i call it A
i did copy it into my laptop and played a month so now it has more hands and notes, i call it now B
i want to put B as a new database (to keep all my hands and all my notes includint the one i made during the month ) in my laptop (call it C) but i dont want to import folders, huds, reports filters etc change on my desktop

Patvs
05-25-2013, 03:57 AM
The backup/restore won't overwrite your holdemmanager.config file (which has the info of your import folders, most recent filter settings, etc.)

What it will overwrite are your HUD Configuration settings.
So export your HUD first on your desktop, if you prefer to use that one over your current laptop settings.

Also export your bonus/rakeback settings! which otherwise will be overwritten by the laptop data.

rohan68
05-25-2013, 03:58 AM
thanks a lot i will try it
have a nice we