PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Tile - All slots are taken

Gh0$T
05-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I get the error message:
Can not move active table to any slot - all slots are taken.

That message I get when there is more than one table where is action on.
The first table where is action on, jumps beside the stack (like it should probably), the second and any else stays in the stack.

Do I have to add more slots manually, if so, how?

Thanks for help!!

Sarek
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
As I understand, this happens when you use "Ninja Tile" layout?
If so - go to Actions - table control - press Edit, select NT and add more "Tile" slots.
Also you can create "Table Aside" slots (up to 10) and move desired tables there with hotkeys.

Gh0$T
05-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes, with Ninja Tile I get that error message.

I know that i can set Table aside slots and how to, I just have no clue, where I can add new slots for the Ninja Tile Layout or the Tile.

When I follow your instructions, Actions > Table control > Edit > NT or Tile, I only see three buttons, one for TA, one for HP and the Edit.

When i chose NT or Tile in the dropdown and click Edit, then one table opens which I can move and resize.

But I dont get how I could add more slots :confused:?!

Sarek
05-24-2013, 03:58 AM
I will try to reproduce and ask developer.

Gh0$T
05-24-2013, 05:29 AM
OK, might be possible also, that I overlook something.
I attached 2 screenshots, to explain better what I mean.

So from what I understand, Ninja Tile has one stack. From that one stack, every table on which Iīm involved in a pot, jumps beside that stack into a new slot (that must be the slot/table which I place when I click Edit).
Now, when Iīm at the same time involved in a pot at another table, that table usually should jump into a 3rd slot (first slot is the default stack, 2nd is the other table where is action on). So, I need to add a second (or as much as I want) slot where that table could jump to. Is that right? Or does NT opens automatically a new slots usually (If so, that doesnīt work and I get that error messsage, all slots are taken) if a new one is needed?

If not and I have to set all slots manually where action tables should jump to, I have no clue, where to add more than one.

Another thing I noticed yesterday, please make the BB display adjustable, means colour and text size like in TN1.

Gh0$T
05-28-2013, 06:19 AM
Guys, tbh, first of all, Iīm using that trial now for 12 days and so far TN2 was unuseable for me.

In my world a Trial is something what Testers should make them to buy the software afte the Trial period, itīs a showpiece, the flagship of the company, not a beta software full of bugs.

As an TN1 user now for almost 3-4 years, I can say after I played around a bit with TN2, that piece of software didnīt convince me.
There is nothing new in that except the new surface and the NT feature (which isnīt working though), there is nothing in it, which would justify your new price model and Iīm probably not the only one, although Iīd like to continue with TN cause Iīm used to it, whos looking for cheaper/free stable alternatives atm.

Donīt mess it up like you did with HM2 already (I was an happy HM1 user before I switched to PT4 after the buggy and laggy HM2 release)

However, back to my problem.

I asked here an pretty easy question imo, but there is no need to answer that question obv.
So let me tell you, what I found out.

NT function only works correctly, when I use both monitors I have and have ticked both Monitors in Layout Editor. Then NT opens new slots. The stack is on my left (my main monitor on which I have my tables) monitor, first slot opens also on 1st Monitor beside the stack (all good so far) but the next slots opens on my 2nd monitor.

The problem just is, I dont use my 2nd Monitor for tables usually.
So I untick the 2nd Monitor in Layout editor.
Now I get that all slots are taken message after first slot is opened and a 2nd is needed.

The Layout canīt expand anymore on 2nd monitor and TN2 doesnīt get, that it should open the new slots on monitor 1.

So obv TN2 has a problem with recognizing monitors.

Let me know please how to fix that or when you fixed that, maybe before my Trial is expired, that I can try TN2 and itīs full functionality at least one day to decide if itīs worth to invest money in TN2 in future assumed, that current price model gets reconsidered and the whole software runs stable!

Thx!

Sarek
05-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Since personally I do not have 2+ monitors, I asked colleagues to test and research this you posted.

B-Money
05-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Gh0$T,

I have a 3 monitor setup and tested a few things today.

The error about no more slots available has to do with your tables being too large. There isn't enough room on your monitor to slide the table from the stack. I double checked this today and I only got the error when I made the tables so large that another wouldn't fit full screen. If this is not the case, please post a screenshot of your full desktop with Ninja Tile active and the error message. You can also email this screen directly to me so you don't have to show the world your desktop. I've PM'd you my email.

I do have an open bug about Ninja Tile being unable to start on a monitor other than monitor #1. This is Bug # 6972 - Ninja Tile Multi Monitor Support Improvement. Once this bug is solved, NT should be working 100%.

-Brent

Gh0$T
05-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey B-Money,

thanks, got it.

Itīs like you say, tables were to large.
After re-seizing them, itīs working fine on the single active Monitor.

That was easy, cool!

But there are some other things still :).

For example, TN2 doesnīt save Hotkeys for "Change Layout" (only sometimes, sometimes Hotkeys I set gets saved, but after re-starting TN2 Hotkey field is blank again), if they get saved, they doesnīt have effect when I click them.

Iīll use as an example F1 for NT Layout, but when I click on F1, nothing happens.

So when I put for example a table in an TA slot (wierd thing is, these TA hotkeys are working 100% fine and there is no problem with saving them) and want to have that one back to NT layout after I saw everything on TA table what I wanted to see, it doesnīt jump back to NT stack when clicking F1.

TA table shows no reaction and stays still in TA slot.

From what I read, usually it has something to do with UAC and admin rights, when TN2 doesnīt save changes.
But my UAC is turned off, TN2 is running as admin and using aero theme.

There are some other Hotkeys which have same problem, the "on a toruney break" hotkey comes there in my mind, it has also no function.

What can be the problem there?

Thx again for help!

B-Money
05-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Gh0$T,

I tested everything in your post and can get everything working correctly. What site are you playing on?
- Saving Table Layout Hotkeys after TN2 closes
- Set Table Aside Feature
- On a Tourney Break

The Set Table Aside feature uses the hotkey to set the table aside, then the same hotkey will put it back in the stack. It will not automatically go back in the stack. I believe this feature was designed like this so a Final Table can remain outside of your stack.

As for the hotkeys not saving, I'm going to turn that over to the general support guys/gals because they have much more experience with one-off issues like this. I tested it a few times with different hotkeys and everything seemed to save fine on my PC after restarting TN2.

-Brent

Sarek
05-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Very strange issue. Well, sometimes UAC really do not allows to save changes in file... but if it do not allows. it do not allows at all. But not in way "this setting you can change, but this do not".
When you tried to set new hotkey - have you noticed any TN2 message in systray? If key is occupied, it tells.

IceAge0121
01-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I get the error message:
Can not move active table to any slot - all slots are taken.

That message I get when there is more than one table where is action on.
The first table where is action on, jumps beside the stack (like it should probably), the second and any else stays in the stack.

Do I have to add more slots manually, if so, how?

Thanks for help!!

I'm having this same issue. From reading this thread, I understand the issue is that my window size is too big.

More than that, the major problem I'm trying to contend with right now is that I like to have my tables overlap, as otherwise they are too small and cluttered and cause me to tilt but I cannot find a way to do that.

Is there some way to have the functionality of Ninja Tile, but define my own custom slots? I did find out that you can use "custom layout" to define your own slots, but I suspect that is only for straight tiling.

Basically I need TN2 to do exactly what Table Tamer does in terms of auto stacking/unstacking.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

sideshow
01-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Hi,

Can you send us your log file and we can take a look at your settings and be able to tell you why you are getting that error "cannot move active table to any slot all slots are taken"

If you have version 2.2.154 or higher then you can get the log file by going to help > contact support > send logs to table ninja.

This will create a zipped file please send it to support@tableninja.com or just click on email support and attach the log file to the email and a link to this thread.

Also for the Ninja tile issue we have a feature request already The latest ticket on this is HM-6960 if you wish to be notified of when it is resolved please email support@tableninja.com with the subject "Notify me when HM-6960 is resolved.

IceAge0121
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Hi,

Can you send us your log file and we can take a look at your settings and be able to tell you why you are getting that error "cannot move active table to any slot all slots are taken"

If you have version 2.2.154 or higher then you can get the log file by going to help > contact support > send logs to table ninja.

This will create a zipped file please send it to support@tableninja.com or just click on email support and attach the log file to the email and a link to this thread.

Also for the Ninja tile issue we have a feature request already The latest ticket on this is HM-6960 if you wish to be notified of when it is resolved please email support@tableninja.com with the subject "Notify me when HM-6960 is resolved.

Thanks for your response. After some experimentation, it's clear the reason for the error message is that my window was too big. I made it much smaller, and now I can Ninja Tile several tables on one monitor.

The size is too small, and evidently there's nothing to be done about that currently. So I'll e-mail support to find out when my main issue will be resolved.

sideshow
01-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Thank you for informing us that the problem was resolved, If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Have a nice day and best of luck at the tables.