PDA

View Full Version : postgres headache

gbraswell
11-11-2008, 07:52 PM
I am having no success installing postgres on my machine. I have followed the instructions linked in other threads, and I've deleted my old postgres folders, but right before the installation comletes, I get an error message that the account I am trying to create already exists and the installation aborts. I've tried a couple different options for the account name, same result. Ideas?

fabio
11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Please email met at fabio@holdemmanager.net to setup a Teamviewer session.

morny
11-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Conpletely uninstall it and delete the postgreSQL folder and then try a different version

Al1
11-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I am having no success installing postgres on my machine. I have followed the instructions linked in other threads, and I've deleted my old postgres folders, but right before the installation comletes, I get an error message that the account I am trying to create already exists and the installation aborts. I've tried a couple different options for the account name, same result. Ideas?

Yeha, I had this problem one time. I believe it was happening to me because I tried to reinstall postges, but using the same username: postgres, or something like that.

Uninstall postgreSQL, try to reinstall and don't put postgres but another word: postgres22 for example.

Works?