PDA

View Full Version : A connection to Postgresql could not be made... worked fine last night.

adurnin
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I tried to starte HEM today and got this error " A connection to Postgresql could not be made". I was playing up until last last night with no issues. I've tried rebooting but that doesn't help. Tried turining offer firewall and AVG but that didn't help.

Only recent changes to computer are I downloaded TN2 yesterday and had to download Framework 4 so it would run but I've used HEM since then with no issues.

Are there any log files from my last session I can maybe delete to resolve this?

adurnin
05-21-2013, 03:08 PM
UPDATE: Ok I'm impatient so instead of waiting for a reply I uninstalled postgresql and HEM. Using another FAQ I installed them both one after the other and while HEM is working again it looks like my database has been wiped. Is there any way to retrieve this or at least free up the space on my hard drive again so I can reimport from pokerstars? Its about 70GB

Patvs
05-21-2013, 07:52 PM
To get back your old database.
When you reinstall PostgreSQL (with the installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)) select your old /data folder (the data folder containing your 70 GB database).

Alternatively (reimport your hands into a new empty database)
To get back the 70 GB, delete your old /data folder. It likely renamed the folder C:/Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4/ to something like C:/Program Files(x86)/PostgreSQL/8.4-05042013.

adurnin
05-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Ok I seem to have it back working now. I reimported my HH and Tournament Summary files from my archive but it only started from 2010. I also got emails from Stars with all HH and Summaries from 2008 onwards. If I start importing those files will it overwrite the archive files I already imported or will it create a bunch of duplicate information?

netsrak
05-22-2013, 03:59 AM
The import ignores duplicates.