PDA

View Full Version : HEM wont open

razor25
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
says "failed to open the database. Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1".

can you help please?

netsrak
01-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

razor25
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
yeah - seems to be getting worse. tried the solutions above and couldnt find the file. so went to the faq and tried to download the combo installer. the process never completed and now it says 'FATAL 3D000: database holdem manager does not exist'.

this cannot be good

razor25
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
and can someone also explain that when i now switch my computer on, it asks me for my usual password, but now also has an option for postgres user info etc. i am really close to just uninstalling it all.

razor25
01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
ok i uninstalled everything. can i just start again please? do i download from website and can i have info to register etc please? dont mind if i lost data. just want the thing working.
thanks

razor25
01-08-2011, 05:13 AM
i downloaded it again but it wont open because it says it cannot find the config file

netsrak
01-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Did you download the full installer or only the update?

Please use the full installer.

under vista and windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. run the windows explorer and navigate to your holdemmanager installation directory. right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibility tab.

razor25
01-08-2011, 07:36 AM
when i download the original again, it says error opening file for writing: its the holdem manager/deploylx.licensing.v3.dlll.

can someone please talk me through step by step, in easy to follow language, how to get this working again.
thanks

razor25
01-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Ok, somehow I managed to ignore those messages and get the thing installed and working again. I have lost my hands and info but no problem - part of me wanted that anyway! But can someone just confirm that it is all installed and ok please?

Does uninstalling and reinstalling it mean I lose the info, but still have it working?

razor25
01-09-2011, 04:46 AM
??

netsrak
01-09-2011, 06:45 AM
If you get errors during the installation its not ok.

Please reboot your computer and install the update again as first thing.

razor25
01-10-2011, 05:20 AM
I played some games and everything tracked and worked. Do I still need to do anything? As it is about 24 hours between replies, please can you be as thorough in your answers as needed.

- is it normal to lose hands and info
- can I just continue if everything is working now
- if I still need to install anything, what do i need to install and where do i get it? Surely I have the latest version etc. It is the same as on the stickies.

netsrak
01-10-2011, 05:24 AM
1. Loosing hands is not normal - if this still happens after the reinstallation: which site, which gametype?

2. yep, you can continue. Do regular database backups in the future: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

3. not sure what you mean - there is nothing else to do

razor25
01-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Sorry - I'l be clearer. Not losing hands in the sense of I am playing a game and some hands import and some don't. I mean my entire history has gone. But I think that is because I uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything.

Don't worry - not bothered in the slightest about losing hands. Quite happy to start again, but just need to know if it is ok to continue, because when I started again and downloaded from the website, it said it could not open the file:

holdem manager/deploylx.licensing.v3.dlll.

However, I persevered and it seems to be fine now. Just a bit worrying.

netsrak
01-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Your old hands can be reimported:
You should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). Import them via import file or import from folder.

razor25
01-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Ok thanks, should be fine.

I take it the other slight snag while reinstalling should not be an issue then?

netsrak
01-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I don't think so