PDA

View Full Version : Ongame lagging?

onelouder11
05-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi, is it a known issue that the ongame software (.it) would lag when 10+ tabling with hem2 on?
Or is it just me.
ty

Patvs
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
In Windows Task Manager, is there a process (.exe file) showing a very high (25%+) CPU Usage? Which .exe file?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

onelouder11
05-22-2013, 04:09 AM
My games will be starting not earlier than in 5-6 hours, so I can't actually check the big .exe file thing right now, but if I remember correctly the big .exe file taking more than 25% (actually, up to 70 or more) of the CPU is holdemmanager.exe.

BTW, here are my specs:

I have a mac pro 3,1 with dual quad core processors @2.8ghz (that's 8 total cores), 14G RAM, a samsung 260G SSD840 as HD and ATI Radeon HD5700 for video, I run win7 ultimate with bootcamp, Avira as antivirus and the standard system firewall.
The PC is a real bad ass for everything xcept HEM2 + Ongame (10 tabling +).

I have done everything suggested in your FAQs and in your guides on lagging but nothing changed. I even created a port for postgres in the firewall for no gain. I also tried and disabled notecaddy to see whether it would get better, but no, it wouldn't. I have 150 Gs free on the SSD, and my DB is only 1G (vacuumed and all, I have 600k hands in it).

Windows update says I only have language packs to install (I'd rather not do it, do I have to?).

I also just disabled UAC as you suggested, so I'll report after my next session on the outcome.

Ty

onelouder11
05-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Hey, I tried and after the UAC thing everything is much much better, ty! :)

It is actually still lagging every now and then but it is manageable now. Any other hints to get it even a lil bit smoother?

BTW I have a concern now about security, is the UAC turned down a potential threat for the PC? I have herad so :(

Patvs
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
You don't have to install any language packs.

But do install any .net framework of VC++ updates.

Update HM2 to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/407161-full-tilt-poker-may-13th-update-alpha-release-feedback-thread-4.html#post1843071

Patvs
05-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Are you using a single panel, or a multi panel HUD?
With how many HUD stats in the HUD?

onelouder11
05-23-2013, 02:23 AM
Are you using a single panel, or a multi panel HUD?
With how many HUD stats in the HUD?

I have a 2 panels HUD. The first with 16 stats, the second with 7 (the second panel is all NC definitions).

Can you please give me a word on UAC disabling and security issues too? I am a bit concerned, I have been a mac user since 1988 and using now WIN only for HEM so I am a noob to SW threats - and obv terrified lol.

Patvs
05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
You don't have to turn off UAC, if you already make sure holdemmanager.exe is started as administrator.

Do you have the same lagging issues when
-not using NoteCaddy
-and/or only using a one-panel HUD

onelouder11
05-23-2013, 02:22 PM
You don't have to turn off UAC, if you already make sure holdemmanager.exe is started as administrator.

Do you have the same lagging issues when
-not using NoteCaddy
-and/or only using a one-panel HUD

Ok, I turned UAC on again and checked that HEM is started as administrator.

By "not using NoteCaddy" you mean excluding all the NC definitions I have into popups and HUD? that would take forever! or is there a way to simply tell HEM2 not to run NC?

Next session I'll try disabling one of the two HUD panels. Got to say tho that should that be the problem I wouldn't be happy because I really can't do without a second panel on Ongame because of the tiny space you have on the tables when 12 tabling in tile (a too big single panel would be covering the $ numbers!).

Patvs
05-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Do you have a lot of custom note definitions?

I wasn't able to duplicate the lagging issues... but we have one other recent thread reporting lagging : http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/409331-very-high-cpu-usage-7752-a.html

Check out that thread, to see if any of the recommendations from that thread improve your performance.

Also when the lagging occurs, email us your log.txt file from
Windows 7: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ folder

onelouder11
06-04-2013, 04:57 AM
Ok, so yesterday I had a fairly long TV session with a guy of yours, the guy seemed obv competent and all but we couldn't manage to get rid of the problem. He thinks it must be the Ongame client .it, as we tried hem2+ 13 tabling on stars.it and everything was running fast as hell (while lagging on the ongame netw with 12 tables).

So, am I stuck here where I cannot play with hem2 on the ongame .it netw?

Or will you guys try to help me further? I feel pretty desperate at the moment, I really don't wanna go for pokertracker4 now, it took me more than 2 months to fine tune HEM2+NC. That's a lot of work I'd be trashing. :(

Other players are experiencing lags on the ongame network + hem1 and hem2 too. Seems pretty random tho, as the problem would sometimes show with 10+ tables and sometimes not show 18 tabling (so they tell me). And some grinders aren't having the problem at all, never.

Is the ongame .it client different from the .com version? Is it flash based? Is it conflicting with Java7 or something? Help pls!

EDIT: as a last resort I just tried the java version of the client (the one you play from within the browser) and to my big surprise all was going perfectly. I tried up to 22 tables all with HUD on and everything was going smooth, I couldn't notice even a slight lag. I read somewhere that you guys declared HEM2 won't support the java version of ongame, how is that so? Am I going to experience problems if I play like this?
TY!

udbrky
06-04-2013, 01:30 PM
Here are some things I tried recently:

1) Please close HM

2) Please open PGAdminIII

It is in the Start -> Postgres folder.

3) Enter your postgres password. The default password is typically postgrespass.

4) Open the databases.

5) Highlight your database.

6) Right click, click maintenance.

7) Run the vacuum and analyze and reindex functions.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+

1) Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator.

2) Please turn off UAC.

3) You'll need to add:
- hmupdate.exe (only exists during update)
- holdemmanager.exe
- hudfuncapps.exe
- postgres and pg_ctl, your poker client .exe
- table ninja.exe
- notecaddy.business.dll and notecaddy.contents.dll from the modules folder in holdemmanager's program files folder (you might have to type in the names in some firewalls, they do not show)

to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus. ****

4) Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.

5) You need to make sure that this folder*,

8/7/Vista: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager

as well as c:\programfiles\holdemmanager2, c:\hm2archive, c:\hmarchive and your site's hand history folder are each not read only** and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. ***

* You will need to show hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/832/How+are+Hidden+Files+Viewed+in+Windows%3F+

See the location here for win 7:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

See the location here for win xp:

http://www.udbrky.com/hmsupport/configfile.PNG

** You will need to right click the folder, open properties. At the bottom in Attributes, uncheck the Read-Only. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows

*** This is in Properties as well, in Security.

****Please see this guide for Windows Firewall:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1052/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems

Please see this FAQ for setting permissions and unchecking read only:

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+u se

onelouder11
07-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Just wanted to say that I got a new pc and all the lagging problems are totally gone now. I got a high end one (intel 4770k, asus z87 deluxe, 16g ram @1833, SSD samsung pro and gtx660ti), and even if my prev PC was kind of a beast as well (dual xeon CPUs 8core @2.8, 16g ram @800 and ssd samsung 840 -on SATAII thou), the difference is incredible. Thought I'd let you know this.

fozzy71
07-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Thank you for letting us know how you solved your problems.