PDA

View Full Version : "hmhud has stopped working"

DallasAP2
01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I get this about once or twice a week.. Mid session my hud disappears from my tables, but I click relaunch and it will come back up.. When multi-tabling this can be kind of tilting though... I just want to know if there is something I can do or if this is something that I should be concerned about, like maybe a problem with my comp...

Patvs
01-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions for those files to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

---

If you then still get this issue, reinstall HoldemManager using the FULL installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

DallasAP2
01-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks for you advice on this matter, I have W7 but unfortunately the stuff about .exe and navigating to the installation directory and right clicking the executables is like a foreign language to me.. Is there a way you could be more specific with reference to the icons on my desktop to get to these places? If not I may just try the full installer but I think I have already done this once... I have been having other things happen with other software on my comp.. My FTP has crashed on me 3 times in the last 5 days, and at least once a day when I open up DC to watch a video the flash player crashes.. I have the worst luck... Kinda tilting.. lol

DallasAP2
01-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Oh and I use Microsoft Security Essentials, I figured out hwo to get to the compatibility tab and run as admin was already checked..

netsrak
01-06-2011, 04:44 AM
Please disable live-tracking and prefetch under Hud options -> site options -> FTP

DallasAP2
01-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Okay, those are both unchecked, they weren't checked when I opened it.. But I noticed that pre-fetch said it would generate stats before I sit down, that would be awesome.. Do you think I shoould leave it disabled though?

netsrak
01-07-2011, 05:58 AM
When hmhud is running stable again you can try to enable prefetch again.

DallasAP2
01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok, I just want to make sure you understand what's going on... Pre-fetch was not checked when you told me to uncheck it, everything that I have been told to do in this thread I have done, and none of the things you asked me to uncheck were checked to begin with... So is there anything else that you can suggest for me to do to erase this problem?

netsrak
01-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.