PDA

View Full Version : note caddy crashes when i stop "perform pending actions"

xXMag I c T IR i xXx
05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
hi
my note caddy crashes every time i want to stop "perform pending actions" and i have to close my holdem manger with task manager. there is no crash or error message or sometime like this. i just see a sand glass if i mouse over instead of my normal mouse cursor and if i click on the HM window it gets grey/white. when i restart holdem manger note caddy starts right at the beginning and want to writes all notes new from the beginning as if there are no writen notes already. because my database is so large it would take like 48 hours to do the full pending actions without stop. so its almost impossible for me to perform pending actions for my whole database at once. why is notecaddy crashing all the time when i want to stop pending actions? when i stop creating notes for unprocessed hands based on active definitions i works proper and there is no crash. this just happens with "porm pending actions" what can i do to dont let HM crash everytime?

the notes notecaddy wrote befor i stoped it (and befor it crash) are in my datebase and i can use them. i wonder what happens to the new notes wich notecaddy writes again cause obviously notecaddy write the notes two times, dont it?. does notecaddy double the notes and distort the samples of the notes/stats because the notes of the beginning of my datebase are 2-3 times often as the end of my database?

sreticentv
05-20-2013, 09:07 AM
It seems to me that if you have that many hands then you are treating your desktop computer like a server. Servers need to be able to run jobs that can last 48 hours. You're trying to have it both ways. If you can't let a task complete then you should reset your notes the next time you run HM2 http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-reset-NoteCaddy-notes.ashx

xXMag I c T IR i xXx
05-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi,
this means there is no way to pause or stop perform pending actions and continue it later, right? i have to do it without stopping until its finished, right?
so the "creating notes for unprocessed hands" functions is basically just for new hands in my database and not for continuing a stooped "perform pending actions" task?
if this is true maybe you can improve this? with creating notes for unprocessed hands it also works proper to pause and continue later.
and yeah true i have a huge database but also a very high end poker computer for poker only with a i7, SSD for system, separate SSD for HM, 32gb DDR3 ram etc etc

kind regards
xXMag I c T IR i xXx

sreticentv
05-21-2013, 06:05 AM
One of the following has to happen

a. let pending tasks finish
b. reset/recreate notes

Special programming is generally not done for big data since it is usually the result of data mining that violates poker sites TOS. They are cool enough to allow NC but I am not going to push them. Most poker software has the same philosophy

xXMag I c T IR i xXx
05-23-2013, 01:03 PM
hi,
i thought maybe i'm just to stupid or have a strange bug and cant stop pending actions therefor. i wasn't really aware of

Special programming is generally not done for big data since it is usually the result of data mining that violates poker sites TOS. They are cool enough to allow NC but I am not going to push them. Most poker software has the same philosophy

alright, i can understand this. :)

ty for great support!

kind regards,
xXMag I c T IR i xXx