PDA

View Full Version : Please help bad installation and now I cannot access Windows files

t_soprano
05-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Hello,

I am running Windows 8 and I downloaded and attempted to install HM2. I believe at the Postgres installation stage it shown a message saying postgres cannot install and closed.

Now I cannot access any administrator privileges on my computer (there is only one account on it). Everything I do is blocked with messages or does not respond including trying to re-install HM2 using the installer.

I used "wmic useraccount get name,sid" in the command prompt and see an entry for postgres. Also a postgreSQL folder is on my c drive -of course I cannot delete it, access denied.

I've tried numerous different methods to get back normal admin privileges to even re-install Windows to no avail.

Thank you

Patvs
05-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Here is a guide to help with issues with Windows 8 and HM.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/346061-windows-8-upgrade-guide.html

For postgres problems with Win 8. It's a little different from Win 7.

The show hidden files is a little different.

It is located in the View - Options section. At the top, there are 4 menu buttons - File, Home, Share, View. Click the view. From there, it's just like in all other windows. Folder Options hasn't changed.

Getting to programs is a PITA without the Start menu. To run CMD as an admin:

go to the start screen, where it lists all your programs.

Right click in the bottom right, it shows "All Apps" button. Click that.

Go to the Windows section.

There, you see Command prompt.

Right click that, at the bottom, on the left, are options. Click Run as Administrator

---

I don't know how to get your admin privileges back. This is a Windows 8 issue. You could still not delete folders on C:/ after reinstalling Windows 8?