PDA

View Full Version : HandRange Font Missing?

robertel
01-04-2011, 02:56 PM
At the bottom of the HandRange window where it displays Hero's two cards and Board cards, instead of seeing the suit displayed for each of the cards, I see a rectangular box. However, if I copy one of these cards, including rectangular box "suit", and paste into another program, like notepad, the suit character displays correctly.

If I uncheck the Graphic Suits checkbox I see another odd behavior. This mostly works but, for example, ten of diamonds and Ace of diamonds, Td and Ad, only display as T and A. If I use arrow keys, I can confirm that d is there, but only 1 character displays at a time.

I am running HM version 1.11.05e and Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Patvs
01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Can you post a screenshot of this error?

robertel
01-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Sure!

Not sure what the canonical way to do that on this forum is, but I uploaded two screenshots to imageshack. The first shows the rectangular boxes instead of suits. The second shows the Graphic suits box unchecked for a different hand. Note the A instead of Ad and Q instead of Qh.

screen 1 (http://img543.imageshack.us/i/handrangescreenshot1.jpg)
screen 2 (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/handrangescreenshot2.jpg)

Patvs
01-04-2011, 10:48 PM
I see the graphic glitch in your screenshots.... but I can't duplicate them on my PC.

Are you already using 1.11.05e?

Can you reinstall HoldemManager using the full installer (install it to a different folder, or it will overwrite your settings) to test if you then still experience this glitch?

robertel
01-05-2011, 01:49 AM
As I stated above, I am using 1.11.05e.

I can, of course, reinstall but I want to be clear about what you are suggesting. You want me to reinstall in a different folder without uninstalling the copy I now have installed?

netsrak
01-05-2011, 04:58 AM
yep, install it to a different folder and start it from there.

robertel
01-05-2011, 01:28 PM
New install did not solve problem.

OK, I download full installer for 1.11.05e, installed to a different folder, started up holdem manager from that folder, and I still have exactly the same problem.

Do you know what font is being used for the handrange window? Is it possible that I don't have that font installed on my machine and the font my machine is substituting does not have the suit characters defined & hence the rectangular boxes appear?

Patvs
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Try this:

Please download this file and extract the content to a new folder on your Desktop: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/font.zip

Then, copy all the files from there to C:\Windows\Fonts and override the existing ones.

robertel
01-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I think that was definitely worth a try, but it didn't work. I copied each of the font files to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts, override was necessary for every file, so I apparently already had all of the fonts installed. Anyway, I overwrote the old files, but still have same problem.

Patvs
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Manually run a Windows Update... and install every update.
(install something like Microsoft Office that will install/update new fonts)

Again, I can't duplicate the bug. But if it is caused by our code, use PokerStove instead until we've fixed the HandRange tool.

robertel
01-06-2011, 01:40 AM
OK, I did a manual windows update, including some microsoft office stuff. No help. Sigh. Thanks for your efforts. HandRange is usable in its current state, just a bit ugly. Using 4 color suits, it's possible to identify suits. Maybe one day I'll do a clean install of windows, but I have better things to do at present.

Thanks for your efforts. I do appreciate.