PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Importing

jungle266
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi,

HM seems to be failing to import some of my hands. I've noticed two things:

1) As of yesterday I could not import purchased hand histories. All attempts to do so ended with 'import errors'.

2) The showdown winnings line on my graph has gone flat for the last 1000 hands (which is when I noticed the import problem). The non-showdown line seems to be accurate.

Any help is appreciated.

Cliff

dannyboy
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Same here. Cant import any purchased hands since the newest release. Tried it with a new DB and it works then. But I also cant export any hands to create a new DB because I get the "currently you can only export" error as well. Please provide a fix for that immidiately, because I cant play at all with those problems.

jungle266
01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Can I try un-installing HM and re-installing it by downloading from the site again...or will I have to buy HM again after un-installing?

dannyboy
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Of course you dont have to buy it again. But maybe you could try to create a new DB first in case you have a backup of your HHs (as I said importing the hands to a new DB works for me, but I cant export my current Hands so reinstalling wouldnt change anything for me because I dont have a backup of my existing hands).

jungle266
01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Playing now and everything reports correctly in my table manager but the hands don't make it into my session tab correctly.

Does this problem indicate a corrupt database?

Not sure where to go from here.

Cliff

dannyboy
01-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I dont think (and hope) that the DB is corrupt. I can access it with pqadmin and it shows no errors there. I had no problems creating a full DB backup too. When I tried to import the purchased hands to a new DB I didnt check the sessions tab though, so cant tell anything about it. I just hope we will get an answer from the support/a fast fix soon.

Patvs
01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e-1.exe

If the hands still result in import errors, create a NEW empty database--> reimport your hands.

The issue usually is a corrupt index/database

dannyboy
01-05-2011, 12:03 AM
The update didnt change anyhing for me. I also made a sucessfull reindex but doesnt change anything. And a new DB will not work until you fix the "currently you can only export" error while trying to export the hands.

jungle266
01-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Yes, same thing here. No change from update and same import error.

netsrak
01-05-2011, 04:47 AM
Please create a new empty database and import only some of the hands for a test. You don't need to export hands first. Use the original handhistory files from the archive (default c:\hmarchive)

jungle266
01-05-2011, 09:54 AM
This morning something pretty odd has happened. My previous two databases do not contain any hands when I select them as default. My first database was a carryover from when I ran PT3. My second database was created when I started using HM. Both of theses databases appear to be empty (should be around 230,000 hands in them).

Hands do not appear to be importing into my newly created database from c:\hmarchive. The number of files to process comes up but no hands are imported.

dannyboy
01-05-2011, 10:58 AM
As I already said before if I import the hands into a new DB it works. But I dont have any hands in hmarchive, just an eula.txt and a readme.txt. So I cant reimport my hands until theres a fix for the export problem.

Patvs
01-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Hands played on which site?
Did you use a different archive folder before? Do a search on your computer for .txt files to see where they are.

If you played on PokerStars/FullTilt email them and request "the handhistories for every hand you've ever played + SNG/MTT summaries".

It's better to reimport original handhistories, than an exported database.

dannyboy
01-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi, alltime I played Stars/Micro/Ft and Party, the actual DB is party. I never used a different Folder before. Since I am on win 7 I dont have any possibility to specify an archive folder in HM. In the autoimport popup there is just no archive option at all like in screenshots I saw, so I didnt care. I can only add import folders. Admin start options for HM are all set btw.
Edit: I went through all the txt files and cant find any archived ones, just the standards in the HHS folders of the sites and the purchased ones.

Patvs
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file (from the /config subfolder)

jungle266
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
My FTP HH folder is empty...because I had it set to keep for 30 days so I'm guessing it dumped on Dec 31. But I've played about 1500 hands since then so it shouldn't be completely empty. Is there anywhere else on my computer I could find an archive of my HH for FTP? I have requested HH from FTP but it seems that through the 'My Promotions' button the beta will only allow you to request 10,000 at a time. Is there a way to request all your HH for the entire time you've played on the site?

dannyboy
01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
My config file:

Patvs
01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
@jungle: if your hands aren't in the C:HMArchive folder, just email Full Tilt support and request the "handhistories for every hand you've ever played".

@danny All your hands should be at: E:\PokerTools\Holdem Manager\HandsBackup ??

dannyboy
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Hm... I dont have an E: Drive. But maybe this is the problem with the archive folder, I think I might have copied the config file from my old system a year ago or so, it could be that I used an E: configuration druing that time. After all I cant specify this folder in HM, can I simply change it in the config file? But anyways the present problem will remain - I have no original HHs anymore for my current DB.
(Edit): - Shouldnt HM create this folder if it didnt exist?

Patvs
01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
HM should create the folder..... but you have no E drive?
If you have no E drive now.. the hands should remain in the import folder, because they're never moved.

Click on adjust auto import folders in HM and change the Archive folder to an existing folder.

dannyboy
01-05-2011, 11:06 PM
No I have a C and a D Drive. I created the folder now. But as I said - HM didnt create the folder (because I have no E Drive probably) and didnt seem to have saved it elsewhere. My DB doesnt just consist of my own hands...but of mined and purchased ones. So I cant simply reimport all hands (except my own). So I beg for a fix to that export bug.

jungle266
01-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok, I have created a new database and set it to the default. And I've successfuly imported ~200k hands from PTRatings until I received a SQL error (with another 800k to go). I don't remember what type. I'm trying to get the error again. I have requested all HHs from FTP and am waiting to see if they will load on my new DB. Am playing right now to see if DB aquires hands in realtime.

What else should I be doing?

Thanks

jungle266
01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I am now not able to connect to the SQL database when I start HM. Seeing as I appear to have lost my DBs, and can no longer connect to the SQL server, is it time to re-install HM?

jungle266
01-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Here's a picture of a recent error encountered when I attempted to connect to my database.

netsrak
01-09-2011, 06:27 AM
A reinstallation of HM will not help in case of database problems.

The error message usually is a firewall problem which blocks the communication between postgresql and holdemmanager:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29)