PDA

View Full Version : Autorate unknown players

wilkas
05-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Hello,

besides default scores for players used in Table Scanner, I would also like to add a score to all unknown players (having 0-20 hands on them). How do I do that?

wilkas
05-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Any help or reference for the customer?

Patvs
05-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Scoring Profiles-->
Add/Edit Score Rule--> create a rule: #HANDS between 0 and 20 and assign a score to this rule.

wilkas
05-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Thank you. This solution partially works - it does assign unknown player score to players with hands no. from 1 to 20, but skips all with 0 hands (which is the most of the new players). Is there a way to score these players?

p.s.
after another test run it seems, that some new players (with 0) hands are scored, some are skipped. How come?

Patvs
05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Most players with 0 hands, don't exist yet in the database.
Therefore HoldemManager can't assign an autorating to them, until they've played 1 hand.

Theoretically, if you have 0 hands on a cashgame player, but you already have some tournament (STT/MTT) hands on them the player does exist in your database, so it seems those players are scored.

wilkas
05-20-2013, 03:05 AM
What a pity! New players are usually fishier than regulars, so there is a point to scoring them.
Also a feature, that would allow to aggregate hands from all "few hands" players into single "virtual player" for chosen stake, could give some general view to newbies.

Patvs
05-20-2013, 03:26 PM
On which site(s) do you play?
What I would always do on Full Tilt (you can do the same on PokerStars with colored labels), in the Full Tilt software, assign a colored flag to ANY player I play against.

Mark all fish I encounter. Mark all regulars, etc.
Every week, I'd also look for the IRON MAN IRON / GOLD / freerolls, then mark all those players with a color.

Then you could easily spot tables with completely unknown players.

wilkas
05-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I play on PS. And for now doing exactly as you mentioned.