PDA

View Full Version : BUG: "Apply Active Layout", aka, "Change Layout: Custom"

jorgearias
05-16-2013, 07:45 PM
I have a custom layout that I'm fond of. While using my layout and starting up TN2, TN2 will grab a table, resize it to what seems default size, and snap it to the top left corner of my monitor. I am then unable to use my "Change Layout: Custom" hotkey. If I go to Stars > Table Layout > Apply active layout, it will bring the table back into my layout. If I move a table, then hit my "Change Layout: Custom" hotkey, it will not apply my active layout.

I just figured out a way around this; I have to go to a Stars Table > Table Layout > select a layout that is not my current active layout, then it will work. Unfortunately I have to do this twice to bring it back to the layout I want.

Sarek
05-18-2013, 06:02 AM
You can set TN2 lauyout = NONE.
Then use your Stars layout

jorgearias
05-18-2013, 03:16 PM
OK I guess it's not a bug, they just changed the feature entirely but kept it in the same place with a similar name. My fault for assuming "layout; custom" meant "custom layout", I didn't know it meant "custom layout".

So what happened to apply active layout?

I tiled a full-screen 4x3 layout;
1 . 2 . 3 . 4
5 . 6 . 7 . 8
9 10 . 11 12
and then saved this as my custom layout. I usually put 1/2 on the left and 50/1 on the right. Say Im playing 8 tables, 1 thru 8. 1,2,5,6, are 1/2, 3,4,7,8, are 50/1
Now a new table pops up in position 9, but its 50/1. I can click and drag it to roughly position 12, hit apply active layout, and itll snap it to the grid. Now say table 4,7,8, all break. I can drag 12 into 7 and hit apply active layout and snap it to the grid. If I were to hit tile here, it would resize them all into a full-screen 3x2.

Apply active layout is pretty useful.

Sarek
05-19-2013, 03:37 PM
At this point, we've improved the layout feature, and automatically reapply layout as new tables appear.
We will also have a hotkey "Reapply current layout" which will do what you want - it will be implemented in the near future