PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL still cannot start?

bak502021
01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
I got the 127.0.0.1 message, followed the directions in the stickied thread, and it still is displaying this error message? I can get HEM to start the service but it will quit working in the middle of sessions. How do I fix this?

netsrak
01-03-2011, 05:33 AM
It works and suddenly stops?

Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

bak502021
01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah, it's been working fine for over a year, I took a break from playing, and it's been having this problem. I start it up, get the failed to establish a connection message, then it opens the database control panel, I click connect, it tells me a connection to PostgreSQL cannot be made and asks me if I would like HEM to attempt to start the service. I click yes, it tells me HEM has started the service, I hit connect again and it takes me to the database management screen where I'm able to start HEM, but PostgreSQL will stop working during the middle of my session again and I'll get the 127.0.0.1 error message.

As for those programs I have Superantispyware and Malewarebites Anti-Malware running

Patvs
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

When it is running. Download the latest update from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
updating your SQL 8.4.1 to 8.4.6

Make sure you add postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe, and the port number (5432) to the exceptions list of the firewall.