PDA

View Full Version : Postgres SQL is giving me hell

Naza114
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to install HEM in my new computer for 2 days and cant really make it work. Cant install PostgresSQL trough combo installer, when I do it trough their website it says it failed to initiate database.
I've followed every step from FAQ, already have checked out the post that says to go to windows, drivers, etc and open the file hosts on a notepad.
Mine shows up somethin like this:

#localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

I've already disabled anti-virus, firewall and windows defender.
Have already disable UAC.

Can I please get some help?
I've no idea what to do next

Thanks

MASTERHOLMES
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I still do have that problem now and then.
running hem as administrator and sometimes i have to go to local services and restart the postgres as local account to get it going.
(i also had to redo the datase and reimport all my files for i couldnt' get to my old database after the i finally connected to postgres).

netsrak
01-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Editing the conf file is not necessary for the first installation of postgresql.

Make sure that the windows secondary logon service is running in the windows services (control panel->administration).

Please download and install Postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).
If that fails try 8.3 and 8.2

Naza114
01-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Wich one is the 8.3 version? I've downloaded 9.0 , 8.4 and both failed.
This link is kind of confusing, dont really know where's the download and wich version is 8.3, etc.

Thanks

Naza114
01-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Found my way to install 8.3 and it says the same thing at the end of the instalation.
Something like it couldn't finish installing. The database cluster initiator failed or something like that.
Hope this can help you help me.

Thank you

Patvs
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Install 8.2.x.... that one never fails.