PDA

View Full Version : Updated replayer 1.06.04beta: Bugs and Problems

SeanMedlock
11-11-2008, 07:26 AM
The upgrade to the hand replayer is a great step in the right direction. :)

However, it's still buggy and there is some very simple functionality missing.

I propose that we make an orderly list of things that still need to be worked on to ease the life of the developers.

BUGS/MISSING FUNCTIONALITY: (List in no particular order with in-depth explanations to follow)

1. Keyboard functionality
2. Amount won when uncalled (confirm please?)
3. Hand history pop-out
4. Graphical issues
5. Win percentage

BUGS/MISSING FUNCTIONALITY EXPLAINED

1. Keyboard functionality - The arrow keys can be used to manipulate the various components such as the hand progress slider and replay speed slider, but it does so in a bewildering manner depending on the mouse focus. When the replayer is opened, focus is in the hand list and the arrow keys cycle between hands. Clicking a component takes focus there.

-SUGGESTION- Have a small core of hotkeys for the replayer. E.g up/down to cycle between the hand list, left/right to step forward/back and perhaps hotkeys for start of hand, flop, turn and river.

2. Amount won when uncalled - When a player wins a pot as a result of everyone else folding, the final amount returned to seems to always be much bigger than it should be. E.g $20 into a $20 pot, everyone folds, $53 is given to player at the end.

3. Hand history pop-out - When you click on Hand History there are a couple of little bugs here. The buttons don't seem to do anything and clicking on the component on which the checkbox etc are located has unpredictable results inside the main replayer window while in the middle of a hand (seems to remove bets currently placed and other weird things)

4. Graphical issues - Cards/chips are still obscured at certain points, one example is in seat 4 after winning a pot. There is a grey bar that appears in the middle of the table for a second or so at the start of every hand when "Show stats" is enabled. Flicker I suppose we can live with for now. I feel strongly that more noticeable actions are vital, perhaps using colours on name plates. All in all still needs work graphically in comparison with many Flash-based replayers out there as well as compared to the look of the rest of the software.

5. Win percentage - The checkbox isn't updating correctly. Also, the win percentage in a hand from the point at which you uncheck it gets carried over to every other hand as a constant value.

In addition, it'd be nice to have the same checkbox for the Pot Odds section in the upper left (even if only because some players would want to work on the odds in their head while replaying hands without getting distracted by it).

That's it for now. I'm going to make an effort to update this post as things are fixed/clarified/resolved or as more things get added.

Please help to make this product the best it can be by adding to this list. In terms of requests for the replayer - that is not really the focus of this thread but for the most important ones I think we can add it to a separate list underneath Bugs/Missing Functionality.

I see a replayer as an incredibly vital tool for improving your game and while MUCH improved it's still a weak link currently, and could be top-notch with just a bit more effort IMO.

morny
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for this, illl go through it and confirm any bugs etc and forward it on to the lads