PDA

View Full Version : HEM having problems tracking hands

drawingdeadd7
01-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Hello, I've recently upgraded to HEM with OMAHA from having only the Hold em version. Ever since i did this though my HEM is acting a little strange. The hud still works fine and after a session is over i look in the tray on the bottom right of my screen and it shows the accurate amount of hands i have played with the accurate amount that i have won/lost. Although some times recently it has been inaccurate here as well.

The problem is when i go into the HANDS tab or the SESSION tab it doesnt have all the hands that i have played and the amount won/lost is now very inaccurate because hands arent being logged for some reason... This is a problem because i cannot review my sessions in its entirety and also the tracking of my hands/EV/amount won/lost is obviously affected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Brandon

netsrak
01-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Please remove the 3 winner cards from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

drawingdeadd7
01-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Remove WinnerName. WinnerCards and WinnerWon or just WinnerCards?

drawingdeadd7
01-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Also, for the regional stuff i am using USA and English with Hawaii timezone.. i think all standard stuff.

Also, where is the Pgadmin to reindex??

Thank you for the help very much!
Brandon

netsrak
01-02-2011, 06:37 AM
All the 3 winner columns.

pgadmin is a separate program: in this faq: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+)
the vacuum is explained. Reindex is just another option.

The timezone should be no problem, its just the format of date, time and currencies.

drawingdeadd7
01-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Okay so i took off the 3 winner things and using PGAdmin i maintanenced my database..

The problem persists though, for some reason certain hands are not tracked and therefore my session wins/losses and EV, etc are all messed up.

What else should i do?

netsrak
01-05-2011, 04:59 AM
Please create a new database and reimport your hands.

drawingdeadd7
01-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey, i went to database management and clicked on my only database "default" and tried to export the hands but got an error message saying " currently you can only export hands from a HEM database."

Thanks, Brandon

Patvs
01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
We have a export database bug.

Just create a new database, and reimport the original handhistories from your archive folder.

sidewinder_462
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I am having the same problems and do not know how to create this database. And while I'm here, my computer is a piece of crap and I just got a new one. Do I have to pay for the software again, or can I put it on my new computer?

Patvs
01-06-2011, 08:20 PM
hud options--> database management--> connect--> create new database-->

The HoldemManager license works on TWO computers.
But even if you buy a new computer, or don't use an old computer anymore, you don't have to rebuy it. You can endless move the license around, by resetting it.

we have launched a new online form for resetting your own serial codes.

This can be used to clear a code so that it can be used on a different pc or clear a code if your hardware profile changes and it doesn't allow you to continue.

Please go to Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) and signup with a new login name and password or use your existing account. After that, simply navigate to "Upload License Code" and you can quickly add your serial code and reset it whenever you need to.

sidewinder_462
01-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Thank you!!!

sidewinder_462
01-07-2011, 01:23 PM
I followed your instructions for creating a new database, and when I attempted to start the program, it gave me a fatal error and said the database did not exist. Then I tried to reset it to the old database, and was told that one didn't exist.

Patvs
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Is SQL running on the new computer:

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

---

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

sidewinder_462
01-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I have no idea how to fix this on my current computer, but would be happy to just get the software on my new one. However, I can't find my license code.

Patvs
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
On old computer--> click HELP--> SHOW SERIAL in HoldemManager

drawingdeadd7
01-11-2011, 04:52 AM
So i created a new database and reinported all my hands and the problem is fixed!!! :D:D:D

Thank you for all the help!

1 question- after i created the new DB i deleted the old one using PGadmin and when playing using the new DB i realized all my notes were gone =X
Im guessing that i cannot get them back but just in case there was a way i thought i'd ask...

Thanks again for all the help!

Sarek
01-11-2011, 08:10 AM
they were in old DB
if you deleted it...