PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1

Looee
12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Whenever I try to open HM I get that error. When I continue on it says that HM needs to know where to find the database. It shows
Server name: 127.0.0.1
Port number: 5432
Login name: postgres
Password: postgrespass

I have gone into the Admin tools and attempted to start the Postgres manually but it says it could not start the program.

netsrak
01-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

Looee
01-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Deleting the postmaster.pid file fixed the problem.

outofmoney
01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
I only have a postmaster.opts in my data file. So should I delete it since I have no postmaster.pid?

Patvs
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Don't delete the .opts.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

Ekimoze
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Same problem for me for the second time in 2 weeks after windows updates (windows 7). Now it's working after a reinstall of PostgreSQL but how can I recover my old database please ?
I only have the previous PostgreSQL installation folder so I have my database files but not in .backup format

netsrak
01-09-2011, 06:58 AM
The only way is during the installation: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)