PDA

View Full Version : EV update feedback

morny
05-13-2013, 02:37 PM
This is to inform users hat the issue you were recently experiencing with incorrect EV values has had an attempted fix pushed by our developers and we would like to get your feedback before we commit the fix as part of our official update

These changes are available in the following beta build - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/7774_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

You may already have the version as we pushed it to fix the full tilt cash issues, check the title window and if it says v7552 or higher then the EV fix is in that build.

You will need to install this beta release and import the hands from your archive to a new database as EV calculations are done during import.

Once you have installed the beta build:

*Try creating a new DataBase - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1431/How+is+a+new+database+created+in+Holdem+Manager+2% 3F

*Now import a small portion of your \HM2Archive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/81/Options+%7B47%7D+Hand+Importing+%7B47%7D+Manual+Ha nd+Importing

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.

*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and backup/restore any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.

*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/5/Database+Manager+%28Ribbon%29

If you continue to have problems, please zip and email a sample of the problem hand histories with a detailed description of the problems you are encountering and any screen shots you feel will help to explain the problems.

Looking forward to your feedback

SuperSized
05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
When I apply this to my HHs, the fix seems to make little difference. EV went from -$33.21 (old) to $-31.05 (new) over 272 games, which worked out to less than 0.1% ROI difference.

fozzy71
05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
When I apply this to my HHs, the fix seems to make little difference. EV went from -$33.21 (old) to $-31.05 (new) over 272 games, which worked out to less than 0.1% ROI difference.

Which site and which games? Cash or SNG? I assume SNG since you mention ROI.

A 5%+ difference in EV only accounted for a 0.1% difference in ROI? That doesn't necessarily mean that this build isn't working properly. The changes in the build are designed for fixing the EV calculations in previous builds without affecting the actual results/ROI. We would expect the EV to change significantly and the ROI/Results to change very little or not at all. If there are specific problems in actual results (ROI and not EV) we need the hand histories and summaries sent along with a detailed description of the problem with the results and/or screen shots of the tournament lobby so we can fix any problems with results you might see.

Do you see any specific games/hands where the EV is incorrectly calculated? If so please send those specific hand histories to us for testing. We need specific hands/games where the EV is wrong to fix these issues. Sending us hundreds of hands/games makes it very difficult for us to narrow down the problem for the developers which is why we are asking for help from customers to narrow down any remaining issues as we have limited hand samples we can test with. Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

SuperSized
05-14-2013, 09:06 AM
These are $15 PS hyper turbo SNG games. Overall it make a little more than $2 difference to the ROI EV, which is what I'm referring to above. It's around $0.01 a game difference in $EV (<0.1% EV ROI), which is close to negligible. A friend (with a positive EV) reported similar results.

Idk if the SNG EV is working properly or not without a benchmark to measure it against. Isn't this the job of your developers and testers?

fozzy71
05-14-2013, 09:59 AM
These are $15 PS hyper turbo SNG games. Overall it make a little more than $2 difference to the ROI EV, which is what I'm referring to above. It's around $0.01 a game difference in $EV (<0.1% EV ROI), which is close to negligible. A friend (with a positive EV) reported similar results.

Idk if the SNG EV is working properly or not without a benchmark to measure it against. Isn't this the job of your developers and testers?

Yes, it is, and our tests are showing EV is working properly now as long as the tournament structure is correctly recognized. If you find examples where this is not the case, please send us the hands. This is the only way we can find the odd examples we didn't have in our testing samples where it doesnt work.

If you have reason to believe EV calculations are not correct there are free online ICM tools you can use to verify results in HM2. If you can't calculate the EV with an EV/ICM tool to be sure if it is correct then please send us the sample. The smaller the sample you send, the easier it is for us to test them and make sure they are correct or get them corrected if they are in fact wrong.

If you can't narrow down the sample then send us what you have and we can have our testers try to narrow down the sample but obviously the longer it takes us to narrow down the sample from 272 games to the few games with the problems the longer it takes for us to get the developers to fix it. This is why we are asking for help from customers that have extensive EV/ICM knowledge and experience.

Thank you for understanding.

wiiiit
07-25-2013, 10:31 AM
I used to have this problem a few weeks ago and made a thread about it.
Solution provided did not deliver.
Past few days, I rebuilt my database, the graph lines seems correct for the moment.

udbrky
07-25-2013, 04:41 PM
EV is calculated during import, so that does make sense.

Colin252
09-19-2013, 09:43 AM
EV doesn't seem to be working for hyper 6 max after last stars update this week

fozzy71
09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
EV doesn't seem to be working for hyper 6 max after last stars update this week

We have had some other reports (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/437801-tournament-winnings-graph-problem.html) of this and the customer sent us some hands for testing which are in the queue to be tested.

SuperSized
10-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I've had build 7905 for a while now. Is the EV working in this build? My EV is tracking sideways with zero EV upswing for 2k games in a game where I expect to be 5% ROI winner. This seems rather unlikely.

fozzy71
10-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I've had build 7905 for a while now. Is the EV working in this build? My EV is tracking sideways with zero EV upswing for 2k games in a game where I expect to be 5% ROI winner. This seems rather unlikely.

It should be afaik. Can you send us some screen shots and recent hands? Please zip and email the pics and problem hand histories (and tournament summaries), with a link to this thread and your forum name, to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

SuperSized
10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Can you link to the previous stable build so that I can test this myself?

Patvs
10-22-2013, 03:06 PM
7905: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/7905_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe

7893: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/7893_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe